• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rx1 Temp gauge&exhaust weld

BigDogrx1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 rx1
Hey guys,
1. Installing coolant temp gauge & looking for help on which wire to splice into for power to gauge (electric gauge)
2. Found exhaust broke in middle of rear section behind y-pipes, gonna remove and weld with MIG with gas, magnet sticks strong to pipe so It appears to be weldable, not much stainless in it, any advise would be appreciated.

My fuse block under air box on right side has 1 LG red wire to starter, 1 red/white stripe, 1 blueish/green cross stripe, thanks

Hey guys,
1. Installing coolant temp gauge & looking for help on which wire to splice into for power to gauge (electric gauge)
2. Found exhaust broke in middle of rear section behind y-pipes, gonna remove and weld with MIG with gas, magnet sticks strong to pipe so It appears to be weldable, not much stainless in it, any advise would be appreciated.

Pipe is stainless so use stainless wire. Sticks better and doesn't rust. I used a stick welder and stainless rod.

Go to the tech section. There is a temp gauge install there done on an 05 Vector. It gives all the info step by step including which wire to splice to. If I remember it is the blue wire with white stripe but double check to confirm.

Back