• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Saw a Post - Belt Guard

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
Saw a post here a few weeks ago of a custom belt guard for a Nytro that cover the entire bottom of the sled.
Who was that?
Where would it be for sale?

Had a belt go on the weekend and getting tired of little belt bits flying around like bullets inside the cowl.
MS

I have the SB and it could of been built with a little thicker gauge material. I had a belt blow and it tore the front bolt area metal away from the bolt. Had to unbend that area and weld it back together. But I still like it though. Better than stock.

I have the SB and it could of been built with a little thicker gauge material. I had a belt blow and it tore the front bolt area metal away from the bolt. Had to unbend that area and weld it back together. But I still like it though. Better than stock.

I have seen it happen to mine also. A belt failure can be very violent . I have made thicker guards then the SB guard and I found that they were very hard to form the curve for the clutch with out building a forming die. I managed to make two of them and tested them for the first winter and I ended up with stress cracks at the bends on one and vibration fatigue crack on the other in the same place at the bend for the front bolt. I found that a thinner material was more flexible and less prone to cracks at the bends.

Back