• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Scala riders with a BVS2???

dexter

TY 4 Stroke Master
Like the title says...does anyone run a scala rider with their bvs2 and how do,they work together? Thanks

I have not but do have a set of headphones in one of my BVS2's that I can play mp3 or answer phone with and they work well. I pulled the liner and perminently mounted them in the foam.

We have had scala riders plus a few other brands and they dont work good. The only thing Scala is good for is making you mad!

Only communicators that works good is by Collett. Yes there pricy but you will only have to do it once. We have the 900 platinum and just switch it between the bvs2 or regular helmet and also use them in the summer with the motorcycles also.. We have extra Mic/speakers for the different type of helmets so you dont have to mess with the wires, just switch the unit from helmet to helmet, it attaches with Velcro. The battery lasts all day no problem with Collett and once you set your volume and mic is set you dont have to play with it again. good range also.

what is the range of the collett? Do you have to push anything to reconnect if you end up out of range? I've heard lots of good things about the scala g9's, was almost ready to pull the trigger on them but still looking.

Range is very good I think, I would say easy 1/4 or mile sometimes better if u have line of sight but if there is hills or trees in the way its less, I am being real here, not manufacture inflated specs ,lol Usually when we ride in a group we are well within that range. I can tell you the scala is alot less range for sure. If your out of range there nothing needed to reconnect it just does. I hate having to play with buttons when you have your gloves on. so look up Collett, you be happy you did.

Last edited:
We have had scala riders plus a few other brands and they dont work good. The only thing Scala is good for is making you mad!

Only communicators that works good is by Collett. Yes there pricy but you will only have to do it once. We have the 900 platinum and just switch it between the bvs2 or regular helmet and also use them in the summer with the motorcycles also.. We have extra Mic/speakers for the different type of helmets so you dont have to mess with the wires, just switch the unit from helmet to helmet, it attaches with Velcro. The battery lasts all day no problem with Collett and once you set your volume and mic is set you dont have to play with it again. good range also.
Hmm.... I strongly disagree! Scala Riders have been excellent for my son & I. I don't have the Doo helmet, but mine is a Modular one. The mikes' on ours are flex cable adjusted rather than a wired in mike.... both can be purchased under the G4(maybe G9, Can't remember model offhand). The Scala has, on a clear lake about a 1>1.5kms range, probably a bit less than a kms in the woods/mountains. I got tired of my son leaving me, missing a fork and then waiting for him to figure he screwed up! Enter Scala.... we both listen to our own music... bluetooth, no wires.. battery will last more than a day of hard travel, charges with USB products. Son usually in front (pointman)... a simple loud word "Incoming," or " 3 Incoming "activates the conversation... 15>30 seconds of no conversation back to music/radio... whatever! Still have not tried to BT my Garmin in yet, but will this winter. All buttons are left side helmet adjusted, they work extremely well for us. Some trail groomers use a radio sounding warning signal(haven't experienced groomer radios in our area) that will hopefully save your #*$&@ ripping through a fast corner only to find a groomer moving/parked the other way. Warning... brown spots may occur! LOL! So again, mine is the flex cable mike, should I do it again, probably wired mike with some slack length for the modular helmet. The earphones, once set/mounted inside the helmet foam produce pretty good sound! The electronics mute out alot of engine noise etc... they just need to be set up properly.
I wouldn't ride without them anymore... love them! The wife can call my cell(within tower range) Where are you? "doing 80 down whatever lake, talk later"!!!
\my .02

Last edited:
Scala G4 owner-
had them for 3 years now using Summer & Winter with extra mounts between Wife & mine helmets.
We rode 12 hours to Tennessee on the bikes and they were streaming music + talking the whole time, Winter just as reliable.
Terrain does play into range on sleds but if your close enough it works fine- bikes we can be a mile apart.
Their customer service has been top notch for help, worth the $$ for us.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 117
do the colletts still have a separate battery piece? seems a bit of a pain to have the battery packet stuffed in another pocket.

Back