• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SchmidtBros Overdrive Clutch machining

newfie09xtx

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris Switchback 800 Pro S
Anyone have this done with their clutches? Are you seeing the results they claim?

Seems like you can gain about 5mph+ out of this. When I have ulmer gear my sleds down for more bottom end I have him machine my clutch to make up for some of the top end I lost for gearing. It does work. Helps the belt rise all the way to it's potential

Im not sure I would benefit (except on very hard surfaces) from machining the clutches with my 1.75 Backcountry track. ANy thoughts on this?

Edit: FYI I am currently getting 153 on the speedo on pretty hard conditions on a pond with my current mods listed below. Im not hugely worried about top speed but it would be nice to get a little more on the speedo reading.

With That track I wouldn't be running at high speeds very long

I had it done along with his clutch kit and geared down to 19 from 21. I never tried one at a time but last year my top speed was 158-160kph and now 156-158. It's only 50 bucks so it's pretty cheap give it a try

ive run my 1 3/4" Backcountry up to 110mph with no problems.

I would say premature hi fax wear due to the lack of snow hitting the slides. The bigger lugs are meant for the loose snow. The higher you go = less snow powder to cool your hi fax

Chris Schmidt did clutch, guard, intake, tunnel closer, and exhaust on Nitro. Love it. Very smooth and strong. Did great job on my 10' vector clutch and intake. They do a ton of R&D and testing before they sell anything. Very satisfied. Only thing I wonder if I should gear down a tooth to get even more top end cause I have more hp now.

Oooops forgot. Chris also rebuilt shocks on Nitro. A bit stiffer but much better then stock.

Double oooops. Also running split rail skis. Huge difference. Runs on rails. Wish I could clone this sled and keep it for my next sled. Done ooooopsing.

Back