• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(Season 2013-14) TY Mileage – Yellowknife

good to know you are still alive ;)

little late but have you thought about trying outerwears material or filter cloth over the rad opening to try to help with the steam issue?

Yeah, I've been keeping my eyes on something to come out for that - I'd prefer something professional rather than jerry rig something. Frogskinz is supposed to release something this fall.

Alright, next video is up:

2014 Snowmobile Season: Episode Seventeen http://youtu.be/onMbSfsDGpI

Video Description: Various powder riding through the eyes of the helmet camera, recording a top speed run on the Viper, an update on what's been done to the Viper including the Four Stroke Solutions Roll Over Valve Kit, more problems with the Viper, more powder riding including Nate on his XRS, Brayden gets into a fight with a tree on the Viper, River Lake falls, having a cook out, warm starting issues with the Viper and the LCD screen fails

Cheers,

YK

Glad to see the apparent "gag" order for several months on you speaking about your Viper problems has been lifted. Now it's Chris Reid's turn?

That look's like fun playin' in the deep powder. I don't know if I could throw my Warrior around like that or not, but it would be fun to try. ;) There aren't really places like that around here to do that. You have to stay on the trail, but that looks like a blast.

Glad to have you back Alan. I hope you are having better luck with your boat than you did with your sled.

The boat has been absolutely flawless. It has not set foot in the dealer for anything and I spent 6 weeks in the thing through July and August. The engine's have been awesome (F115 and T9.9 Yammi's) That's the way it should be.

Glad to see the apparent "gag" order for several months on you speaking about your Viper problems has been lifted. Now it's Chris Reid's turn?

ahaha, yeah I'm not sure what's up with the blog, there's comments waiting to be moderated from the last post in March.

That look's like fun playin' in the deep powder. I don't know if I could throw my Warrior around like that or not, but it would be fun to try. ;) There aren't really places like that around here to do that. You have to stay on the trail, but that looks like a blast.

I think the Warrior was the first Yammi 4 stroke I test rode and I was powder riding it fairly easily on flat lands. The powder is a blast.

Well, here's the next episode! Enjoy!

2014 Snowmobile Season: Episode Eighteen: Return of the Bearcat HD (720p) http://youtu.be/HWJgMJOnsHU

Video Description: The sound of the Viper's starter, a quick review of my Venture Heated Electric Gloves, a speed run with the 2009 FX Nytro XTX, breaking trail, carving more powder, the return of the Bearcat and the XRS, showing the steam from the Viper while dipping in a bit of powder, the XRS and the Viper go 'hill' climbing, the XRS catwalking at length, taking a look at the suspension and underside of the Viper, talking with Greg about his lack of appearances and the Bearcat status, doing some ice fishing, Nate rides the Viper, Allan rides the XRS, the ride home with Greg, Nate, Andrew and Grant.

Cheers,

YK

Allan,
I'm always amazed when you comment that it's a warm day today and it's still 5 below!! LOL:brrr:

BTW, were able to get your Quick Prime harness installed? Also what editing software do you use to add text to your vid's?
I have some diving footage that I would like to add text/captions to.

Bill

Allan,
I'm always amazed when you comment that it's a warm day today and it's still 5 below!! LOL:brrr:

BTW, were able to get your Quick Prime harness installed? Also what editing software do you use to add text to your vid's?
I have some diving footage that I would like to add text/captions to.

Bill

Yep, installed but wasn't able to use it yet, you'll see why in the next video...

I use Adobe Elements, its a full on low cost pro-sumer editing software that does it all. I paid about $100 for it. The text editing in it is actually glitchy but I found a work-around.

And the next episode is out!

2014 Snowmobile Season: Episode Nineteen: 20,000 km's HD (720p) http://youtu.be/BxtB0_n4Wx0

Video Description: Heading out to join the crew ice fishing, Allan announces the biggest blow to the Viper of the season that leaves it broken waiting for backordered parts till summer of 2014, heading to the lodge with the Nytro's, target practise at the lodge, error code issue's with the 2008 Nytro MTX, tether switch failures on the Nytro MTX, exploring the Francois Winter Road along the Francois River, powder riding, exploring an old cabin, more powder riding, hitting the 20,000 kilometer mark on the 2009 Nytro XTX, breaking trail down to Great Slave Lake from Hearne Lake, hitting a stump buried under the snow, more trail breaking, falling off the sled from exhaustion, and a complete overview of what all has been replaced on the 2009 FX Nytro XTX over 20,000 Kilometers (12,500 miles) of riding.

Cheers,

YK

So how does the Nytro compare to the Viper performance and ride/handling wise ? Obviously the Nytro which is all Yamaha is more reliable. Just wondering which you actually prefer to ride.

Thanks for posting all your adventures with your Yamaha's. I have really enjoyed watching your videos and am always amazed by your patience and perseverance in the face of adversity

In that last clip I was amazed by the lack of other snowmobile tracks. I take it you don't see many other sleds out on the trail.

Here's hoping that next year will bring better luck for you.

Dave

Thanks for posting your adventures as I really enjoy watching them! Sorry your Viper has been a POS! That's why I will never buy one. Not impressed to say the least and you have proved it!

So how does the Nytro compare to the Viper performance and ride/handling wise ? Obviously the Nytro which is all Yamaha is more reliable. Just wondering which you actually prefer to ride.

I like the ride and handling of the Nytro much more. It feels better, more predictable, I can pop the ski's with the larger lugged track, and it just feels nicer for handlebar setup. The suspension on the Viper is better for comfort, but the I just prefer the Nytro's handling. It's up there in age though.

Thanks for posting all your adventures with your Yamaha's. I have really enjoyed watching your videos and am always amazed by your patience and perseverance in the face of adversity

In that last clip I was amazed by the lack of other snowmobile tracks. I take it you don't see many other sleds out on the trail.

Here's hoping that next year will bring better luck for you.

Dave

It depends where I am, but generally speaking where I go most others don't, and most folks don't know the trails that I know, which is why I still end up breaking trails for the first time even at the end of the season. It's nice for finding powder.

Thanks for posting your adventures as I really enjoy watching them! Sorry your Viper has been a POS! That's why I will never buy one. Not impressed to say the least and you have proved it!

Hopefully this upcoming season will be better.

Next episode is ready!

2o14 Snowmobile Season: Episode Twenty HD (720p) http://youtu.be/8DCrHncWDI0

Video Description: Powder Riding with the Nytro XTX, showing you the type of snow we have in the north that causes so many snow ingestion issues, running out of fuel while attempting a 'Yellowknife hill climb', back at the lodge, Brayden gets stuck in the outhouse, I rant briefly about the Viper, the ride to the cabin, Easter with the kids, the ice road flooding out, return number 2 of the Bearcat, the ride to the fishing spot, talking about the secret to an Arctic Cat working properly, Greg talks about the snowmobile trailer coming off of his trailer hitch on his truck, catching a fish, we spot a moose and take target practise at it, more fishin, more moose, more fish, looking at the dupont sliders on the XTX after almost a full season on them, jigging with Cameron, reviewing the switch on my older four stroke solutions roll over valve kit, burning the moose, heading home on the ice road, Greg explains why he's a hazardous driver, I show the damage to Greg's truck and trailer, and the final ice road crossing of the year.

Cheers,

YK

First ride was Dec 17th, last ride was April 13th. That's almost four months. All in the NEK.
Yeah I imagine up in northern Vt the season would be longer than where I live which is more central Vt. Now that I'm going to have this sled for the whole season, I might try ridin' up there. Last year I didn't get my sled till there was only 3 weeks of ridin' left.

Back