• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary wrap?

Dalton black orange. Wrapped at 6/2 or 6/3. Guessing 6/3 with your tune and 192 studs that are going to grab. Maybe 6/2 on a straight 35.
Right on. I'm setting up for my 260sm tune. Also going to try my stock spring at 3/3. Both for top speed runs.
I found a spot an 1hr 35mins away to do some testing. The only problem is outside air temperature is climbing into the 50s fast. Honestly, I've never seen anything like this. I can't catch a break.
Thanks Jon.....

Right on. I'm setting up for my 260sm tune. Also going to try my stock spring at 3/3. Both for top speed runs.
I found a spot an 1hr 35mins away to do some testing. The only problem is outside air temperature is climbing into the 50s fast. Honestly, I've never seen anything like this. I can't catch a break.
Thanks Jon.....
Trails are great in the UP. We got 20+ the last couple days. -2 this AM. That stock spring is way to soft and the coils are to close. But maybe it will work. But that would not be one I would try.

Trails are great in the UP. We got 20+ the last couple days. -2 this AM. That stock spring is way to soft and the coils are to close. But maybe it will work. But that would not be one I would try.
Well... Thanks for the snow report, by you?!?! Do you not like me or something?!?! Lol.
Enjoy the ride......thanks Jon

No I did rub it in a little. :D BUT we just put 143 miles on and the trails are destroyed by 130pm. Which is right now. I’m back and parked! My season is coming to an end after tomorrow as I have to much going on March. Worst season and most trafficked trails I ever seen. No I do like you as you ask a lot of questions and soak it up!

Thanks Jon.....
I think that you shall find that your MS16 2 bar tune likes the 50 degree temps!

I ran both 2 and 3 bar tunes, they are both lean tunes that run much the same at cold or warm temperatures!

I tried both the 6/1 and 6/2 wrap this last week while up country, but I also use stock primary spring!

6/1 is my fav, it allows for a lazy first 1/8 -1/4 throttle but that changes quickly when near 6k revs!

6/2 gives my set up unbelievable throttle response, with every little bit of throttle being very crisp! Gives it that extra grunt down low with just a touch of throttle!

Hard to believe one setting makes such a big difference down low!

Belt deflection settings also change low to mid rpm’s!

Note: Did have my secondary machined .070 years ago to not allow Coil Bind with long stock spring!

Have fun playing with settings and here’s to that 8950-9050 sweet spot!

No I did rub it in a little. :D BUT we just put 143 miles on and the trails are destroyed by 130pm. Which is right now. I’m back and parked! My season is coming to an end after tomorrow as I have to much going on March. Worst season and most trafficked trails I ever seen. No I do like you as you ask a lot of questions and soak it up!
Yeah, ya did. Lol. At least you got out today.
And yes, I try to read first, to see if an old thread pertains to me. Then I'll ask. Also, I'm doing my best to absorb & understand. Im really not looking for the answers handed to me, without the understanding of why.
When it's my turn, I'll pay my good & bad experiences forward. And try my best to help others in my position.

I think that you shall find that your MS16 2 bar tune likes the 50 degree temps!

I ran both 2 and 3 bar tunes, they are both lean tunes that run much the same at cold or warm temperatures!

I tried both the 6/1 and 6/2 wrap this last week while up country, but I also use stock primary spring!

6/1 is my fav, it allows for a lazy first 1/8 -1/4 throttle but that changes quickly when near 6k revs!

6/2 gives my set up unbelievable throttle response, with every little bit of throttle being very crisp! Gives it that extra grunt down low with just a touch of throttle!

Hard to believe one setting makes such a big difference down low!

Belt deflection settings also change low to mid rpm’s!

Note: Did have my secondary machined .070 years ago to not allow Coil Bind with long stock spring!

Have fun playing with settings and here’s to that 8950-9050 sweet spot!
Hmmm.....that's inline with my thoughts. 6/2 grabbing the belt tight and faster reaction.
6/1 taking a little bite out things. Which I thought would help taming the holeshot?!?!

6/2 if you have great traction
6/1 if you do not.
Just my observation....

Thanks, motorhead. Glad you're still riding!!!

Last edited:
Just got back from a 600mile trip. I will let ya know how my clutch's look. Ran 6/3 this trip. 6/2 my clutch's showed signs of slippage and i glazed a 825 belt in heavyier trail going the trip before. 6/3 had great throttle response, only checked once for heat, running 80/90mph for a long time both were cool. If they are clean when i check them i will be staying at 6/3.

Just got back from a 600mile trip. I will let ya know how my clutch's look. Ran 6/3 this trip. 6/2 my clutch's showed signs of slippage and i glazed a 825 belt in heavyier trail going the trip before. 6/3 had great throttle response, only checked once for heat, running 80/90mph for a long time both were cool. If they are clean when i check them i will be staying at 6/3.
Running thru heavier snow puts a little extra stress on that belt, I bet.

I've never had success running the B/O at less than 90 wrap either.

Just got back from a 600mile trip. I will let ya know how my clutch's look. Ran 6/3 this trip. 6/2 my clutch's showed signs of slippage and i glazed a 825 belt in heavyier trail going the trip before. 6/3 had great throttle response, only checked once for heat, running 80/90mph for a long time both were cool. If they are clean when i check them i will be staying at 6/3

20230227_130125-jpg.171835

B/O 6/3, 600 mile trip, speeds were from 30/100mph all trail, new 825 belt, clutches were cool after a good 90mph run.

Just got back from a 600mile trip. I will let ya know how my clutch's look. Ran 6/3 this trip. 6/2 my clutch's showed signs of slippage and i glazed a 825 belt in heavyier trail going the trip before. 6/3 had great throttle response, only checked once for heat, running 80/90mph for a long time both were cool. If they are clean when i check them i will be staying at 6/3
screenshot_20230228_073807_chrome-jpg.171841

This last year pic of the clutches set at 6/2, new 825 belt , 650 miles same driving as above pic. My experience with the 2 wraps yours maybe different.

Back