• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seeking Input

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Venture
Looking for some ideas on what’s going on with my 06 RS Venture. I had it out last weekend and hit a patch of ice on an uphill curve. Track spun so I reversed it to some snow to make another attempt. Track spun on the ice the temp gauge light came on then went off. I took another run at it and it made a loud pop and the sled shut off. I waited a couple minutes and it started right up and I was able to get around the ice and back to the trailer. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and suggestions on what it might be to get it fixed.

when where donuts done last? carbs cleaned?

It’s only got 4000 miles and I’m the 3rd owner. Not sure on the donuts. Carbs were cleaned 2 seasons ago

I think you overheated it and it shut itself down. Run scratchers or studs to help keep it cool. If the light comes on at idle it will shut down.

throw some seafoam or equivilent into the gas and run it. probably be nothing.

I was wondering about overheating the light never came on again once we hit the groomed trails and it ran fine. I put some Sea Foam in when I filled it up before the ride. I fired it up the other night and it seemed fine. Thanks for the input , I appreciate it

Its in your owners manual. Its designed to do that. It shuts off trying to save itself from overheating. Light comes on and I think in three minutes it shuts off. Once you get running on snow the heat exchangers cool off the coolant and you will be fine. Run scratchers in low snow conditions.

I ran my sled last year at -30C on a river. The overheat light came on. Why? Because it wasnt throwing any snow on the heat exchangers. We didn't get much snow last year even though it was so cold. Scratchers solved my problem.

Back