• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shock Bushings

yamaha06

VIP Member
Has anyone replaced the bushings / collars in there shocks? I have 15,000km on my sled and are currently getting the shocks freshened up, I noticed there is a bit of play in the front shocks. The skid shocks also seem to have a bit of slight play. I was just wondering if anyone knew of aftermarket bushings and collars available as the ones from Yamaha seem the be quite expensive. I also noticed a bit of play in the bracket below where it attaches to the skid rails but it doesn't appear to have any bushings in it, just that shaft. I am not sure if it is common to have slight play there, don't really want to spend the money on replacing things I may not need to.

1674571103240.png

They have SOME play in them.. I clean and run a light waterproof grease on mine. I could see where they wear after big miles.. Maybe reach out to Cannondale and see if he can help you out with parts or advice on shock "stuff"

I did change my centre shock lower bushing though as I had quite a bit of play on mine, pretty sure I got it from hygear and supposed to be better than stock.

I did change my centre shock lower bushing though as I had quite a bit of play on mine, pretty sure I got it from hygear and supposed to be better than stock.
I use one that's almost like a rubber material on the center shock .lower

Grease the fittings every week that I ride.
Metal on metal needs grease to last more than one winter.
I leave my grease gun on top of my work bench all winter and it only takes a few minutes to grab it and lube up the fittings.

Grease the fittings every week that I ride.
Metal on metal needs grease to last more than one winter.
I leave my grease gun on top of my work bench all winter and it only takes a few minutes to grab it and lube up the fittings.
Are you speaking of the shock bushings? If so do you remove them and grease?

Have to manually take apart and grease those.
I am talking about both lower arm pivots.
No bushings, just grease or metal on metal.
Like what is circled in red on post #1.

If anything wears in the part you circled - its the shaft. The tube of the scissor is made of steel and is fairly tough.

The lower scissor is fairly resiliant. The upper scissor - the shaft is supported by two bushings at the end of the scissor tube - these should be looked at once in awhile and likely replaced, you will see the corresponding wear on the shaft as well. Both easy things to replace.

I have similar mileage on my sled, if you keep the grease flowing, they seem to hold up fairly well.
MS

This one works good? My center shaft is destroyed already from premature stock bushing fail.
After the first year on my 20 I switched out the lower shaft with the BOP one and noticed the bushing was loose and worn on the new shaft so I replaced it with the hygear bushing, about 6k on it now and it’s still looking good.

Back