• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shock spring retainer

crossroadz

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex XTX
DSC_0585.JPG

I was greasing my suspension today and I saw that my center shock spring retainer was all jacked up. I installed the Star suspension last season on my '12 FX Nytro XTX and was very happy. Where can I get a new/stronger retainer? I'm worried that the Star suspension puts extra load on the center shock and this may happen again with a stock retainer.

I would ask Robert at Star if I were you...I'll be checking mine also.

Update. I got in touch with Robert from Star Suspension and he said he hadn't seen a bent spring retainer before. He happened to have an extra spring retainer and sent it to me. He offered to make a beefier one but I went with the stock retainer. As a side note, my local Yamaha shop said they didn't have a part number for the retainer alone and would have to sell me the whole shock. I passed on that one. Robert did have the part number for the retainer. Its 12251-02516 or 12221-02529 but he said its not available from Yamaha Canada anymore. I also tried to get one from Hygear but they said it was on backorder. I'm glad Robert came through and his service was great. Now I can get my sled back together. One thing is for sure, its a lot easier working on the machines in the summer.

I actually lost the one on my Axis shock first weekend ride out last year. Ordered a new one from hygear, but it was 1-2 weeks for delivery, so I talked to a local guy who made me one custom for half the price. I must say I was pretty disappointed in the stock one after seeing what the local guy made me. The axis one is in the toolbox now as a backup.

Not sure how you bent yours, must have been faulty or you bottomed out really hard!

I know they're are availible from royaldistributing here in ontario. Had to order one for back-up pro action front shock.

Back