• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Short Nytro Bags

DSimps10

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Nytro XTX
Hey everyone,

Both myself and one of my friends have 08 Nytro Short tracks and we have been looking for trail bags that don't block the foot wells, i have seen the saddle bags but we like to stand on the back of the rails so these would be in the way.
For now I can deal with the accessory nose bag but they want something bigger specifically for his parents.

I was wondering if anyone has done a raised luggage rack over the taillight/exhaust since on the short tracks there is no space back there.

I will eventually go under tunnel exhaust and build a bag under the seat but they like to keep things stock.

Any help/ideas are appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the yamaha trunk bag and premium trunk bag. Both sit on top of the rear seat/ exhaust. You should be able to find them under accessories on the yami site.

I had two premium trunk bags. The first one stitches tore out but was replaced on warranty. The second was completely destroyed. If you are a gentle trail cruiser they will work very well with more than enough room. If you ride hard they do not like to be half full. Your thermos will thrash around and eventually destroy your bag. Also your exhaust will melt your cheese snacks.

Thanks guys,
Does anyone have pics of the bags on the sleds, and how are they mounting, just Velcro straps??
and I definitely cant be melting my cheese snacks mid ride!!

I have the Yamaha trunk bag on my 08rtx. You need to make sure the bag is pulled down tight. Last winter mine was a little loose and hung over the exaust and I burned it, no hole but a burn. On a couple of ocasions I forgot to zip it up and lost everything somewhere on the trail including some snap-0n wrenches. If the bag is full so it doesn't shake things up and you remember to zip it all the way it works good. It isn't in the way when you ride like saddle bags would be on a shorty. I just ordered a tank bag, at least I should see it if I forget to zip it up.

I use this bag and although it's not the most attractive bag, it's not hideous either. I can cram quite a bit in there.
C21225A1-4985-4737-94C1-7EB65488E5A6_zps60bpmjzi.jpg

CFF0DE5D-B0C1-4593-9392-ADCB15A96349_zpsfuauy1v0.jpg

Back