• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I buy a Nytro?

RxThunder

Expert
I am currently on a 2006 Apex GT, with a clutch kit. Absolutely love the sled, but it is heavy and not the most convenient for aggressive riding in rough trails. I'm looking a 09 and newer Nytros, would like to hear opinions that Nytro owners have. I ride aggressive and mostly on trails, I'm a big guy, 6'2 220 and like to sit and stand. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say, also opinions on the 121" or xtx are appreciated. Thank you!

The nytro is very aggressive setup correctly, and the GYTR shocks on the nytro eat up bumps i find, youll love it im sure being 6 foot 220lbs youll really be able to throw it around and really lean your weight on the inside skis.
Do the xtx for sure, it's faster over the rtx apparently, better floatation, traction, and stability. If you ride off trail get the 1.75 BC track, if mostly trail riding the ripsaw is great when studded, so much hookup!
Nytro is a fun to ride, rider forward position especially with the steering relocate which is a must IMO.

I'm 6'1" 235Lbs. I like the XTX I think its the better choice for big guys, also better off trail. First thing I did was put on the OFT relocator (one of the best upgrades for the Nytro). I had Hygear revalve my track shocks and added the Hygear spacers (no issues with rear suspension set on Med). Hygear triple rate springs on front shocks. Also added the Mountaintech 43 +2 A-arm kit (still dialing in).Also WRP seat upgrade (easier on my replacement knees and standing up). You can customize theses machines to your liking. I would look for 2010 or newer. Good luck.

Pete

Had 06 Apex Rtx two years ago picked up a 09 nytro xtx. Has been the best move I did yet. The nytro I got has a lot done to it (power commander, k&n's, exhaust, clutching and more) a stock nytro I would not be happy with over the apex.

I'm 6.3" 260 and have owned an 09 XTX for 4 seasons now. Like many, added the OFT Relocate and modded my stock seat with 3 extra inches of foam and narrowed it. Installed a 5" riser as I stand most of the time and ride mostly off trail. I have the Tuner skis which seem to work well both on and off trail (much better than stock skis). Get the XTX imo.

I am 6'1 240 with gear and am loving my 13XTX over my 06 Apex.It is very comfortable to me and much lighter than the Apex. Only thing I miss is the extreme top end of the Apex which I rarely use any more.

The biggest thing I'm afraid of is missing the power of the Apex. Rarely do I ride with anything stock that can touch it mid to top end. But I do like playing around, getting some air and riding hard in all trail conditions. That's why I have been interested in the Nytro and Viper for some time. I still think the Nytro has a little too much Cat in it for me right now. Decisions decisions..

My father went from apex to viper and said he only misses the apex on lakes and big fields. I am 6'5" 300 and I feel it's a blast to ride. I have wrp seat and oft relocate to as I feel it puts everything in the position it needs to be, honestly feel it's more comfortable than a viper at the moment. Also I have an rtx with 128" relocate and that's a huge improvement but feel the factory gytr shocks 1000x better than the float will ever be. Do seat and bars get them where you want and ride it for a year or so then send shocks out when they need to be done to reputable place like hygear (who has shock Dyno) and let them get the dual rate center spring their front spring pkg and revalve it to your riding style an weight and you will be set.

Skis of choice won't hurt either.

Had 06 Apex Rtx two years ago picked up a 09 nytro xtx. Has been the best move I did yet. The nytro I got has a lot done to it (power commander, k&n's, exhaust, clutching and more) a stock nytro I would not be happy with over the apex.
What clutch kit, exhaust do you have? Where did you get everything from? Did you notice huge difference? I have a stock 2010 rtx se I'm looking to do same upgrades

Love my 09 Nytro XTX. It has its quirks but let's be honest, they all do. If you like to stand and/or ride aggressively you should like the Nyto and it's ergos with some tweaking. Like the others said, probably miss a little top end of the Apex if you're a lake racer but that should be it!

I purchased 2009 Nytro XTX this year and love it. I came from Ski Doo Rev platform. The ride is amazing and easy to work on. I replaced the donuts and drive and jack shaft bearings.

I have owned an 06 apex, 08 nytro rtx, and currently a 13 nytro xtx backcountry. Have ridden a 14 xf 7000. I was very displeased with my 08 due to problems everyone knows about. I liked the apex power but not the weight. That said, after learning about the changes made to the 13 and up nytros, I decided to buy one and couldnt be happier. The only thing you need to do is duponts. Some other nice things to do are lower engagement on clutch (spring) and a higher windshield. Just my 2 cents.

Well the Nytro xtx I was looking at is still for sale, in the mean time I took a new viper for a test spin. It had the 129" skid..now I'm really struggling to make a decision..

The biggest thing I'm afraid of is missing the power of the Apex. Rarely do I ride with anything stock that can touch it mid to top end. But I do like playing around, getting some air and riding hard in all trail conditions. That's why I have been interested in the Nytro and Viper for some time. I still think the Nytro has a little too much Cat in it for me right now. Decisions decisions..
You mention "I still think the Nytro has a little too much Cat in it for me right now" The Viper is mostly Cat minus motor and clutching.

Back