• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shout Out to Aaron at Excell

Krummy

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 FX Nytro
Aaron at Excell helped me out so I thought I would return the favor.

I had purchased an Excell header for my nytro and was anxious to get it installed on the sled. I got it mounted in my sled and hand riveted (10) S/S rivets in for the header bracket. I proceeded to hook it up to my engine header and was very unhappy with the fit up. It appeared the two outer pipes on the excell header were both in ~3/16" from the flexible connection on my sled. This was going to put stress in the flexible connection along with having sealing issues with the gasket connection. I wasn't about to drill out the (10) rivets I had just put in for the bracket. I took the shortcut of heating up the header near the bend to cherry red and put a wood clamp on the far end to try to spread the header apart. This did not work and ended up denting in the connection where the wood clamp pressed against. Needless to say I was not happy at this point and ended up drilling out the rivets and removing the header entirely. I contacted Aaron asking if he happened to have the ~5" long pieces with the flared ends laying around loose from a header. I have access to a tig welding shop to get this done and repair my damaged header. Without question, Aaron shipped me a complete header for a vector in which I can cut the tubes off and utilize to fix my header. Just thought I would share as you don't come around this too often.

Known Aaron for almost 30 years- goin' back as mid 80's teenagers.
Always been a stand up guy, he takes pride in getting things right.

Back