• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder motor 211hp stock

hot box on it ,old news

looks fat, never really crossing 13:1 AFR, im sure this is because of warmer air temps as compared to winter though

12,5:1 AFR is around perfect for 10 psi boost. Over 13:1 AFR is to lean. I never run over 12:1 AFR in my sled, when loaded over 18 psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sidewinder did not make as much power.
So, you're saying my buddy is going to beat me? I just found out he got a thundercat. He gave me a ton of crap for not getting the Cat (he's a cat guy.) I figured the yamaha clutching and ecu were superior.
:o|

EXACT motor & sled. Only difference is clutches, ski's & colors. Yamaha has better warranty to deal with & better re-sale. Cat offers adjustable handlebars. That's IT kids! We'll see who clutched better. Some motors will have a little more & some will have a little less.

So, you're saying my buddy is going to beat me? I just found out he got a thundercat. He gave me a ton of crap for not getting the Cat (he's a cat guy.) I figured the yamaha clutching and ecu were superior.
:o|

The sidewinder had 7 hp less. Both are preproduction units so don't worry about it too much now, that difference is easily made up with clutching or rider weight.

The average stock Sidwinder should out run the cat due to clutching. But I predict few will keep them stock due to the ease of getting more HP out of them. Coming off a 2016 Turbo Cat, I'm not a fan of their Team clutching.

Actually, the dealer that I bought from sells both brands. He basically said, if you are a cat guy, go with the cat. If you are a Yamaha guy, go with the Yamaha. He also said the warranty and price were better for the yamaha.

Back