• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Site locking up

journeyman

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak GT
I have noticed that this site locks up frequently while I am using it on my home PC. Has anyone else had issues?

I do the normal virus scans, disk cleanups, browser clean ups and then it works fine for about 5 or 10 minutes then it happens again. I have Windows 8, run classic shell, trend Micro virus control and use google chrome.
I don't have these issues anywhere else on other sites.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same.

I did add this site as a trusted site on my Trend Micro too.

I even reset my google chrome browser settings to their setting. My PC isn't that old either, less than 2 years old.

Also on my work desktop I noticed my company flagged it with their system software as dangerous and now will not let me access TY anymore.

Its a typical Windows bug. They want you to upgrade to 10. Happens to me every time on my PC when there is that upgrade icon in the bottom. It seems to pick sites that you use a lot. TY does not lock up on but HCS does.
If I use my laptop then there are no issues on either site. My laptop also is not in the "free" upgrade to 10.

Journeyman, locks up here also. Using Chrome and Trend Micro. Haven't tried to troubleshoot. Doesn't happen all the time!
Yes I was wondering about that combo. I have both at work on that PC but the Trend is a corporate setup and I have no control over it.

I had problem with snowtracks took awhile to figure it out but was bug in my network wifi & system router. Finally rebooted everything do believe some bugs were hiding in my wifi....very fustrating... but keep at it you will find it sooner or later.

I had problem with snowtracks took awhile to figure it out but was bug in my network wifi & system router. Finally rebooted everything do believe some bugs were hiding in my wifi....very fustrating... but keep at it you will find it sooner or later.

I've tried all mentioned including router, etc. Here is what I have noticed. It seems to be an issue only on my desktop, not my iPhone when accessing this site. I use the chrome app when on my phone. On my desktop I have windows 10 and use google chrome as my search engine. If I access this site with chrome I can browse here for a few minutes and it will lock up every time after 3-6 minutes. If I clear browse history and run my Trend Micro scan it will let me start browsing again. I have this site excepted too as a trusted site on my Trend Micro settings and have my security setting as average. If I use Internet Explorer this site works perfect with no lock ups. I do not have this issue on any other site that I know of using google chrome.

Do you have the Windows antivirus turned off?

doing the same for me too. this is the first time I've been using the laptop for internet in 2 years because I wasn't home. no problem with my phone through the wifi. just the laptop. it took me 6 tries to get this post in. very aggravating. its only this site it does it on. no problem on the smoking side or other forums I visit. Maybe right now its just the added traffic from the sidewinder release.

something else I just realized; If I go through from the forums, to sub forums, to the thread it doesn't seem to do it. But if I use the links from the alerts or the last post link in the subforum box it locks up more often than not.

I use it on 2 different lap tops and never have an issues unless the site is bogged down or unless the server is doing other back ups late in the evening or early, early morning.

Back