• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skid Frame - Adding Idlers

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
Hey Guys,
Planning to add a set of idlers at the rear of the skid just ahead of the back rollers. Do I have to worry about them possibly interfering with the high rollers when the skid is collapsed? Will they actually make contact?

I am planning to add a stock sized idler on the same type of mount the front inner idlers use.

Any input here would be helpful.

Thanks
MS

mine are mounted slightly behind the upper wheels so there is no interference

When I installed an Ohlins center shock and extended the skid for a 136" track I also added a couple more wheel inside the rails just behind the lower shock mounts.

Why are you running Ski Doo wheels? Are they a little bit larger?

Why are you running Ski Doo wheels? Are they a little bit larger?

135 mm so they are a little taller and have replaceable bearings which the stock 2008 didn't have.

I just remove the shocks and springs (or at least take them loose), and run a metal plate or even some wood between the mount points (make sure to get the same CTC as in the sled). Then you can work the skid through the full motion path to determine if it will hit anywhere. You can also just mount it back in the sled which is sometimes easier, especially if the track is out.

Back