• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Smell of gas when accelarating

Nordik

Extreme
My friend has a problem with his 2020 SRX. His engine has been replaced by a new one last november. Last winter, his engine blew out probably because he rotated the clutch oposite to contrerclockwise. Anyway, since dealer replace the engine, he gets a puff of gasoline smell when he accelerates. Dealer is unable to find the problem. Any idea?

Boost leak from behind the throttle body clamps perhaps would be my go to... Tighten up the six clamps by grinding down the 6 barrel spacers in half.

My wife actually complained about this yesterday. She said every time I punch it she can smell gas.

1. Make very sure there is no leak where pressure line attaches to fuel rail.
2. Take about .03 off both those alum tube spacers that mount fuel rail to head. I've seen leaks right at injector doe to not enough compression on the sealing rings.
3. Any chance fuel pressure regulator is leaking? Either connection to rail or internally?
4. Throttle body clamps/sacers as KA said.
Please find it so you don't have a fire. Thank you.

Anyone else experiencing this fuel smell?
I noticed it yesterday on my sled after doing multiple full throttle back to back runs.
Its smells like the gas cap is loose but no visible signs of fuel any where....I wonder if its simply fumes from tank vent.
Going to dig into it today.

I get the smell also under hard braking and forward thrust, but i removed my internal guts to vent valve, the little flaper disc

I get the smell also under hard braking and forward thrust, but i removed my internal guts to vent valve, the little flaper disc
Yes I have done the same a few years ago but had not noticed the fuel smell as much as the other day.
I had a real good look at the sled today and all looks good....must have just been the conditions.

Boost leak from behind the throttle body clamps perhaps would be my go to... Tighten up the six clamps by grinding down the 6 barrel spacers in half.
New to group, and appreciate the community. I am having a similar issue with my 2008 Yamaha Nytro RTX supercharged and this sounds very plausible to me. I just got done changing spark plugs,coils, ECU and pickup . After testing for 40 miles on lake between 70-100 mph I've come to the conclusion I'm having a fuel delivery issue. It mostly runs great wide open but stutters at mid throttle and I smell slight fumes from the vent on the left side above clutches. If I shut it off for 10 seconds and then turn it over it seems to build pressure and run good again for a short bit. Never stalls but backfires once in awhile and low RPMs randomly. I'm looking here the next time I take it apart. Thanks for the great info!

Jamie

Back