• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowmobile Club Needs Help

wavemaster

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper XTX, Nytro XTX, Phazer FX
Not sure if this is allowed or not but I ran into this article and although I have never ridden on their system, I could imagine this happening to any club.

The Mexico Maine Trailblazers snowmobile club had $17,000 stolen from the club and only have $2,000 left to operate this season. They have a normal operating budget of about $10,000 for the season (not including projects).

They setup a donate Maine page for it. I'm sure any donation would be very well appreciated, even a gallon of fuel will help them out

A Go Fund ME page has been set up to help them out.

If this post is out of line, my apologies and the mods can delete it.

Almost $1,000.00 so far. It is really great when a community can come together.

Here in NH grooming money comes during the season every month. We submit the hours and get a check. Pre season we submit what we might need to total hours and the state might or might not approve it. Also if we run out of hours the state may or may not approve it. Depends on registrations and how much snow falls over and where in the state. I would think Mexico will have grooming money anyway. And may be able to put in a request for some other type of aid and get it due to there situation. Other clubs may suffer some but if Mexico really needs it to replace a important bridge or groomer repairs the state should be able to help. That's how it works in NH.

In NH, you are FORCED to join a club in order to register your sled right? That system GUARANTEES money to the club. The club also gets money from the state via the F&G through GIA. Regardless of the states contribution to the club, the club makes money due to the FORCED join.

That is not the case in ME, in ME club membership is voluntary and the bulk of their money comes from the states general fund primarily from GIA money. I am not from Maine and don't ride there but I do know NH is fairly unique in the way they do it. And good luck getting your 17k back a couple months before the season regardless of what state you are in.

You're post sounds like there wasn't $17,000.00 stolen and the money will magically re-appear. That is not the case.

If you don't want to donate any money that is fine, but please don't discourage others from helping based on erroneous information.

Last edited:
Well in NH it isn't forced. You don't have to join. But if you don't you have to pay more for the registration. They get us all in the end. I believe this goes for Maine as well as all the other states. And I didn't want to discourage anyone but perhaps some may back off and I'm sorry for not thinking about it. All I was trying to do was not to get folks up there worried about the trail system either closed down or not groomed. What about their insurance? Or restitution.
I don't ride there and among other reasons I won't donate. If I'm buy that way which I doubt I would try to spend money there for sure. I don't donate much anywhere. Just don't have the bucks. Two many places looking for money and they keep raising prices while I stay the same. I which I had the bucks I would buy a new or decent used Apex XTX instead of having to buy a used 2007 like I did last year.

Spreading the word will help as much as a direct donation for those that don't have the extra cash available.

I don't donate to national charities or the like, I focus on friends/family/local needs so I understand for sure.

When you are talking about one of the billion dollar charities that take .75 out of every dollar to "administrate" the dollar and the CEO takes millions home, I can totally understand the hesitation or futility. When you are talking about a local snowmobile club with a $10,000/yr total grooming budget with 4.00 a gallon fuel I think we can rest easy knowing there isn't a lot of waste - lol.

I put this on my clubs facebook. Anyone involved in a club knows how slow the money comes from govt. things are always tight and it's always a battle to get what is deserved. This would be a real blow to a club. Wish them good fortune in future.

Back