• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowmobile Safety Poll

Would you Like to see the sled manufactuers add .LE.D. style running lights and turn signals for saf

• yes I feel it would improve safety and make the sled look cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no I feel it would not improve safety and makt the sled look funny?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rightarm

TY 4 Stroke Master
Please vote or give an opinion on the subject of sled manufactuers adding .L.E.D style turn signals/running lights to snowmobiles.Prehaps replacing the exsisting reflectors or possible flush mount in another location.

thanx.

The last two or three sleds that I have had, I replaced the reflectors with running lights. Amber in front and red in rear. Looks pretty kool, to.

-Vince

Other than the visibilty I see no gain to go this far. The headlight by far is the most visible thing on the sled day or night. Turning signals I dont see the benefit.

Sled Dog said:
Other than the visibilty I see no gain to go this far. The headlight by far is the most visible thing on the sled day or night. Turning signals I dont see the benefit.

Yes Sled dog that is true the headlight is by far the most visible thing ,but what about visibility from the sides at night?Alot of fatalitys are caused at night because of poor side visibility.

1CrazySledder said:
The last two or three sleds that I have had, I replaced the reflectors with running lights. Amber in front and red in rear. Looks pretty kool, to.

-Vince

Thats great to hear that you are concerned about your safety, as well as others.and making your sled look great at the same time.If you have any photos please post.

rightarm said:
Sled Dog said:

Yes Sled dog that is true the headlight is by far the most visible thing ,but what about visibility from the sides at night?Alot of fatalitys are caused at night because of poor side visibility.

Then those would be called marker lights not signal. One on each side I could see that.

rightarm said:
1CrazySledder said:

-Vince

Thats great to hear that you are concerned about your safety, as well as others.and making your sled look great at the same time.If you have any photos please post.

Pictures will be plentyful. Keep an eye on my project thread in the 4stroke garage. Link in my signature....

-1CS

LED style lights look good but cover up with snow too easily. When I follow a friends Attak I can barely see his brake light if it gets snow on it.

Sled Dog said:
rightarm said:
Sled Dog said:

Then those would be called marker lights not signal. One on each side I could see that.
O.Q

Please vote or give an opinion on the subject of sled manufactuers adding .L.E.D style turn signals/running lights to snowmobiles.Prehaps replacing the exsisting reflectors or possible flush mount in another location.

I'd see them mounted on the back side of factory installed mirrors for the front view and for the rear on Yam's dual exhaust they could be incorparated on the exhaust outlet trim on each side.

The leds do cover up easy.I have one for a tail light and no one can ever see it.
I think the sled would look ugly with them.
Most motorcycle guys take off the gaudy blinkers and put aftermarket more sleek one's on.

all the multi sled accidents I've witnessed or been involved in have happened during bright sunny days.

a few little easily obscured lights wont impreove visability noticably at night, especialy since LEDs don't kick out enough heat to melt snow.

Back