• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

soft seat

jminor1

Expert
I just bought an 09 and the seat is quite soft so you really sit in it. I was thinking of doing an oft relocate but I think you would be so low in the seat that the bars would be too high with it.. Any thoughts?

I had the same setup and same observations.

I put the oft relocate on first and found it too high so rolled the bars a bit to lower overall height. Later I upgraded to the WRP seat and love it.

During the WRP upgrade I noticed that the oem foam wasn't secured to the foam (so only cover holding it on). I had the feeling that if I had used a upholstery adhesive to secure the foam to the seat pan that it might not have been too bad. Even had that worked, the end result would not have been as good as oft/WRP combo IMHO. One of the things I love about the WRP seat is that my hips are above my knees when sitting on the sled.

Good luck...

I have a local upholstery guy I know has anyone added foam to the stock seat or does that not really work

So which one first WRP or oft?

I don't know. One raises your but and one raises your arms (and corrects steering geometry to some degree). I love having my hips above my knees when riding but I think that without the OFT would only make the Nytro steering geometry worse so my vote would be the oft first (which happens to be exactly how I did it).

I would go oft first. It's a great addition on its own. I actually enjoyed the higher bar height. When you go with the wrp seat with +2" it nominalizes the height of the relocate. The combined seating position is awesome. Yes you sit a bit higher so your centre of gravity is different but it is super comfortable. After a day of riding I can keep going.
Had an apex guy jump on my nytro and he couldn't believe it.
Ms

I rode my sled 5000kms with just the oft relocate last year. I thought it was fine. If you are much shorter than 6ft, you may not like it however.

That being said, I do have a wrp seat for this season.

Your only looking 500 for both. Yea it's a bunch but honestly I feel they are a pkg deal with how it sets sled up.

I'm thinking for the wife who is 5'8 I best go seat first.. WRP the way to go then? No one has added some foam with success? Not trying to be cheap just going with my budget..

My opinion would be to do the relocate first. I don't think that the taller seat would be as comfortable with the stock steering. Besides, if you keep your eyes open you might come across a good deal on a used seat. Or maybe by next year the exchange rate will be a bit better.
I had to put most of my mods this year on hold due to the poor exchange rate. It totally stinks that it ends up costing us nearly double!

My wife is 5'2 and had no problem with the oft first (just roll the bars a little so they aren't full height ape hangers). I put the seat on the following year after 5000+ kms on the oft alone.

The seat will make a big difference. Instead of the oft, could try putting on Rox 3.5 multi angle risers. Allows to roll steering forward and adjust bar angle separate.

I was going to go with WRP seat but exchange was too expensive. Went with a Mountain Mod seat out of BC. A little more expensive but comes on it's own pan ready to install. http://www.mountainmod.com/yamaha_seats.html

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

My wife is 5'2 and had no problem with the oft first (just roll the bars a little so they aren't full height ape hangers). I put the seat on the following year after 5000+ kms on the oft alone.

Recently got my Wife an 09 XTX that has just bar risers & stock seat, She's like 5'4" but said the position wasn't to bad.
We're planning on rolling the bars back a bit and trying it for her on a couple of rides, if not happy I'll give up my WRP for her to try till another arrives.
Different seating position than the Z1 turbo she had so hoping she'll just like the way it is :)

If your on a budget. I would just make your own relocate bracket. There are simply designs that people have made. Do a search on it. Or by the cr racing one. As it is more affordable. I did and it works as advertised, only thing is I wished I would have made my own after seeing what you get. Yes the oft one is a superior product with the oil lite bushings and such, But if you can make one for $10 then it's money in your pocket for more mods.

If your on a budget. I would just make your own relocate bracket. There are simply designs that people have made. Do a search on it. Or by the cr racing one. As it is more affordable. I did and it works as advertised, only thing is I wished I would have made my own after seeing what you get. Yes the oft one is a superior product with the oil lite bushings and such, But if you can make one for $10 then it's money in your pocket for more mods.

I wasn't having much luck searching do you have a link?

Back