• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spring surge is pretty aggressive

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
I've talked to three dealers, even the one that gives me all my deals. If you are in the situation like I am where you were looking at getting a viper now (aka 2015), you are actually better waiting and ordering g a 2016 spring surge. Yes you can buy a viper for $10800-11400 for a 2015, but a 2016 you can grab for about $12,200. Then you get $600 in yamaha parts (windshield, bags etc...), a three year warranty (value around $300), the ogio bag if you need it (about $200 IMO), you can order spring order a mpi 180-190 turbo for $2500. You get a more refined suspension, a color scheme that won't make your sled look dated like the blue and orange LE of 2015, your sled won't be depreciated by a year when you pick it up, and with just the warranty & $600 in parts it comes in less than a 2015 sled. Looks like yamaha better sweeten up their incentives for the dealers on the 2015's to help them not get stuck IMO.

If you go the turbo options you don't get the extra warranty nor the ogio bag nor the performance damper......

Well that would explain where the difference in price is then. Being $2500 is less than mpi can sell it for. Yamaha has (X ) amount of wiggle room they want to move. Which the warranty and bag may make a difference. either way without boost apples for apples the sleds are about the same cost in the long run, and with a 16 you hopefully get a better suspension than all air floats, and you didn't lose the depreciation for one year...

The American deal you get both the option for the turbo and the warranty. Here in Canada you don't. You do get the bag but none of the vipers except the mountain ones get the damper.

Wait and see what Arctic Cat comes out with...virtually the same sled. Arctic Cat may come out with a more attractive promo, is. warranty or accessories, etc.

When the 2014 Vipers were introduced, Yamaha's prices were greedily priced. When Arctic Cat released their 7000 series the following week, they were significantly cheaper. Yamaha then had to back pedal and lower their pricing.

No harm in waiting...nor swapping brands in this instance.

I'm in the market for a 2016 viper xtx se with the spring surge program trail turbo. I have called 3 dealers only one has got back to me was pretty high in my mind they quoted me the 2016 viper xtx se with the turbo and a clutch kit out the door with taxes and registration $17,344 wow!! I would love to buy one but I can't see myself spending more than $15,000 on a snowmobile that I can only use for 4 months a year if I'm lucky.

Lets see ballpark $12-200-12,500 for the sled. $390 for the clutch kit from Ulmer, or MPI. $2,500 for the turbo. $750 to install the turbo, and clutch. plus misc bs charges and tax...

$16,140 plus tax, and setup in Illinois if you wanted turbo

Last edited:
Anyone know which will have the better clutches? Or any other reason to choose one over the other?

Back