• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Springs on control rods

Dbo

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 nytro xtx
Hey guys, I'm a newbie. Put springs on my controll rods and it seems to work great. No sag. I don't think it can hurt anything. My only thing is I live in ohio and go to the UP twice a year. I wish I could test it out. Figured I would post it here and maybe someone would happen to try it out before I did.tryed to post picture and it said was to big

Tryed to attach a photo but it says too many Kbps or what ever. Ill figure it out sooner or later

You can shrink the photo size using "Paint" on your computer. Click the "START" menu button, select "all programs", then click "Accessories", then click "Paint".

I'm trying to think how this works...springs over control rods?

When I get some help ill try to Visio it with me jumping on it then lift up to show how much sag there is and how much travel there is

I ordered them online from a spring shop nothing species. They where like five dollors

Http://youtu.be/AVKZ58VexUw sorry. I phone correcting me. Yes ordered like thirty pound and eighty and thought the thirty was just to weak. I'm sure you could adjust the spring strength to a persons weight but I don't know where you would start.
Torsion spring was on soft. Clicker was set to soft. And front shock spring was like seven to ten treads lose so I could strap it down to get skid out. So when I adjust front spring back up it will get a little stiffer. But would like to hit some big stuff to see what it needs

You have removed the nuts and plastic washers. The actual control rod will now hammer into the upper cross shaft damaging both. In the stock form if you remove the plastic washer and adjust the nuts to max transfer the nuts do not bottom out on the rod holder. I would be cautious as to when the suspension transfers and the rods bottom out.

I installed stiffer main springs and it was the best cure for the sag. I also installed the Star kit and it helped with ride and weight transfer since the heavy springs eliminated any weight transfer.

Back