• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star Suspensions XTX Linkage Kit

SchelT

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Nytro XTX 1.75
Anyone familiar with or have installed the Star Suspensions XTX Linkage Kit? Looks like a good idea for my 2014 XTX 1.75. Instructions say the kit can be installed without removing the skid / suspension

I installed one on a 2009 XTX...it's been a while since I compared it to stock but if I recall I noticed an overall improvement particularly wrt it's ability to eat bumps. Also the skid doesn't sag at all. Some people have installed with the skid in the sled but I'm sure it would be a pain in the @$$...I removed the skid to install mine and went over the entire skid at the same time. The hardest part about removing/installing the skid is getting the skid itself into/out of the track...other than that easy peasy....If you go with the star you should seriously consider the stroke modification to the front shock. I actually got all my shocks revalved and had the strengthening piece put over the piggy backs to prevent them from blowing out....

what ever you do and however you do it, good luck.

Anyone familiar with or have installed the Star Suspensions XTX Linkage Kit? Looks like a good idea for my 2014 XTX 1.75. Instructions say the kit can be installed without removing the skid / suspension

This is my second season with the kit on an XTX and share sloan 188's opinion. I ride in Ontario were the trails can become quite rough which is were the kit shines. Track/skid compliance over stutter bumps is greatly improved along with displaying smooth progression over large moguls. I also had the shocks rebuilt/ re-valved which impacts the overall performance of the package. I consider the Star suspension Kit/re-valve a quality upgrade for any XTX owner who rides aggressively over rough terrain.

Thank you sloan188 and blahie for the tips on the kit. I have ridden in West Yellowstone where sometime the trails are not groomed every day, hence some very long stretches of moguls. Think I'll go ahead with the install. Going to attempt it myself and see if the instructions are detailed enough for a do it yourselfer.

I wouldn't get too nervous about the install it is pretty simple. the bump compliance is greatly improved and it adds more transfer in the rear. I really liked the kit in mine for the season I had it installed. you will really like it......do a search there's a ton of posts about it.

I would venture to say that doing the kit would be a lot easier with the skid pulled. I pulled mine when I did it & it was easy to work through with the skid on the bench. Transfer is way better with the SS kit, takes all trail conditions better now, overall I think it was a good investment. Robert was great to work with (I had my shocks revalved by him as well).

I have contacted Robert by email for instructions. Will try to remove the skid if possible

the instructions are on his web site but i do have a copy of the instructions if u want them all i need is your email

Add me to the list of happy customers. Was going to send him my center shock this year which eliminates the XTX limiter strap issue.
If you don't know about the issue search my threads, I made a thread about it with some good carnage pics....

Add me to the list of happy customers. Was going to send him my center shock this year which eliminates the XTX limiter strap issue.
If you don't know about the issue search my threads, I made a thread about it with some good carnage pics....
Getting the center shock done "will not" eliminate the limiter strap issues, it will only prevent damage if the straps break

Getting the center shock done "will not" eliminate the limiter strap issues, it will only prevent damage if the straps break
I think beenba was referring to the issue of the shock flipping, getting destroyed and destroying the track; not the issue associated with limter straps actually breaking.

Yea, shock mod prevents the inverting and total carnage. I've welded tabs to my lower limiter strap shaft now, have no issue. I posted a pic somewhere.

Back