• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star

xtx

Extreme
I installed the star kit is it best to shorten the limiter straps one hole with this kit ?

I went up one hole when I put the kit in. Second ride let it back out to stock hole. Been there ever since, all in how you ride and what you like. Take tools with you and try both.

I went one hole shorter.

I went up one hole when I put the kit in. Second ride let it back out to stock hole. Been there ever since, all in how you ride and what you like. Take tools with you and try both.
What if any difference did you notice when you changed the setting on the strap ?
Do you have the heavy duty track shock spring , and revalve ?
Did you do any other changes that were recommended by Star ?

I have the kit installed on my 2015 Apex XTX , but no other changes yet , other than following their set up instructions .

I have the full rear kit spring and revalve. Up one hole was about same transfer as stock. Stock hole I'm getting a little more transfer then stock, seems to be right for me. I'm also running a 1 inch track and GYTR clicker front shocks so my sled will behave differently.

I installed the Star suspension and had them revalve+re-spring+rebuild the centre shock last year. It was a great upgrade and very happy with the service but for some reason my suspension still sags. Any ideas why this is happening? Could it be the rear shock or tires torsion springs? I am thinking about rebuilding it but to be honest it seems fine. There is approx. 7000 miles on the rear shock now and I have approx 3-4" of sag.

I installed the Star suspension and had them revalve+re-spring+rebuild the centre shock last year. It was a great upgrade and very happy with the service but for some reason my suspension still sags. Any ideas why this is happening? Could it be the rear shock or tires torsion springs? I am thinking about rebuilding it but to be honest it seems fine. There is approx. 7000 miles on the rear shock now and I have approx 3-4" of sag.
I would guess your springs are tired , as I dont have more than an inch or so , but only have 2,000 miles.

That is what I suspected. Are these springs know to lose their stiffness after 7000 miles or so?

Wow. Robert at Star Suspension just emailed me and asked me to call him to discuss. That is amazing customer support!

That is what I suspected. Are these springs know to lose their stiffness after 7000 miles or so?
No, less than 1" of sag on mine, just over 5000 miles on my star kit, 7000 on sled.

Back