• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starter relay assembly

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
If the engine cranks but won't start, would that eliminate the starter relay assembly next to the battery being bad.
I think my plugs are fouled but wanted to ask that question also.
I do have the red fuel relay on the left.

i would start with the plugs and drop the oil as well. if oil smells like gas, it will foul the plugs again. once running make sure all the coolers are hot to the touch before you shut it off.

i would start with the plugs and drop the oil as well. if oil smells like gas, it will foul the plugs again. once running make sure all the coolers are hot to the touch before you shut it off.
How does gas get into the oil ? If I do smell gas on the dipstick do I have to drain all the oil from the tank, engine & change the filter to.
Why would the plugs foul again if I don"t change the oil. I am trying to understand that situation.

Thank You for your input.

when they flood bad enough, even with new plugs, it will re flood and mess up the new plugs not allowing them to fire.

gas gets into the oil by washing down past the rings into the sump when it is not burned in combustion.

i usually only change the oil in the tank as the filter does not hold enough to re foul the plugs and the little bit of gas in it will burn off when it is at full operating temp. if you are due for a filter change, go ahead and do it.

when they flood bad enough, even with new plugs, it will re flood and mess up the new plugs not allowing them to fire.

gas gets into the oil by washing down past the rings into the sump when it is not burned in combustion.

i usually only change the oil in the tank as the filter does not hold enough to re foul the plugs and the little bit of gas in it will burn off when it is at full operating temp. if you are due for a filter change, go ahead and do it.
Thank you for explaining this to me. I am also trying to get a answer on a post I submitted about the starter relay next to the battery on this forum
on Tuesday June 27th.

might want to check the part # on the relay as if it is a apex/rx relay, it will plug in but does not get power to the ecu to fire the plugs. you would have to move a wire in the plug for it to power up the ecu correctly. this is also a spot where corrosion will cause it not to have power.

might want to check the part # on the relay as if it is a apex/rx relay, it will plug in but does not get power to the ecu to fire the plugs. you would have to move a wire in the plug for it to power up the ecu correctly. this is also a spot where corrosion will cause it not to have power.
This is the original stock starter relay on my 2018, never changed it. The engine cranks but won't start. If that relay is bad would that keep it from starting.

if power is not getting out to all of the plug wires/fuses from corrosion or bad fuse it will act like this.

Back