• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steering post relocation mod.

sleddingfarmer said:
It is not required to do this mod. But I got one because it sounds like a great idea. www.oftracing.com They have the best one, in my opinion.

Perhaps not, but you could say that of any mod because every snowmobile is rideable off the showroom floor. That being said the revised angle of the steering post is great, especially when standing, and the Oillite bushings solve the inevitable slop created by the OEM plastic bushings.

Roest said:
sleddingfarmer said:
It is not required to do this mod. But I got one because it sounds like a great idea. www.oftracing.com They have the best one, in my opinion.

Perhaps not, but you could say that of any mod because every snowmobile is rideable off the showroom floor. That being said the revised angle of the steering post is great, especially when standing, and the Oillite bushings solve the inevitable slop created by the OEM plastic bushings.

I agree 100%. To be honest, I thought the original question was if this mod has to be done. My bad. I have not installed mine yet but i'm hoping I like it as much as everyone else does.

sleddingfarmer said:
Roest said:
sleddingfarmer said:

I agree 100%. To be honest, I thought the original question was if this mod has to be done. My bad. I have not installed mine yet but i'm hoping I like it as much as everyone else does.
Let us know what you think about the new steering position once you get it installed.

mjaremko said:
Does anyone know how much weight this upgrade adds to the sled ?

Go to the washroom before you go sledding.....that should more than make up for it! Seriously, you are taking out the old plastic blocks and replacing them with the lightweight aluminum pieces that may be slightly larger. Not even worth talking about IMO.

mjaremko said:
Does anyone know how much weight this upgrade adds to the sled ?

It is less than 2 lbs, including all of the shipping materials... box, bubble wrap, labels, filler packing, free OFT Racing sticker...

:winter:

Back