• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steering relocate throttle cable?

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hi guys as winter is approaching I want to figure this out and start getting any parts I need on this fall. I had the relocate done last year at the end of the season. I couldn't never get the throttle Cable right. Either I would have tors code or it would cut out and recline on the trail. Can I get a larger throttle cable so I don't have to worry about it getting caught up and yanked and me going for ride? What size?
Thanks.

the mountain cable is a direct swap for both the throttle cable and brake hose, and are a good few inches longer.

Ok thanks I'll look into that how's the install? And the mountain cable is just the Nytro mtx cables?

Which relocate kit do you have?

My throttle works fine, and its on an rtx which has the riser stock. My brothers works fine too. Both with the oft reloacte. You shouldnt have a problem with the stock cable, you just have to reroute it to the other side of the bars.

I have the oft relocate on a 2013 yamaha nytro xtx. I did reroute but it is still very tight and gets caught up alot and still isn't working correctly

when i added the riser to my apex I did the reroute of the cable and at first it didnt work then I pulled the slack and did a little rerouteunder the dash and it has been perfect ever since so trace the cable under the dash and see if you can find any extra slack down there you should be able to make it work as everyone else has been able to has to be something simple under the dash.

yep, Nytro MTX cables. Mine was a little snug with the OFT relocate too, then I wanted to add a riser, so I switched to the MTX throttle cable and Brake line and have lots of room now.
Install wasn't too bad as far as I remember, but I am also running K&N filters and no rad, so I have quite a bit of room to work with under the hood.

How can anyone want a riser after installing the oft relocator, you also have higher seat then? I installed the relocator on my XTX today, and the bars are almost too high for the standard seat....

I'm 6' tall and mostly ride off trail standing up, my setup now I can stand comfortably and grip the bars, no having to bend over or anything. I think I'm 2" over stock, hard to remember since I also converted to a t-post column at the same time.

What if a guy were to need longer cables then the MTX? Then what? I've never had so many issues trying to find extended cables. I've talked to two companies now including motion pro and neither can seem to help. A throttle extension would work fine, but what about the park brake and the brake hose?

I'm 6'4" and I need additional height over just the relocator. Do a fair amount of standing and I have to hunch over pretty good. Yes, put a WRP +2 seat on and it is perfect with higher bar setups. I was able to use the stock throttle cable with just the relocator, but this past year I tried to get away with, I think it was a 1.5" or 2" riser on top of that, and I broke my throttle cable (the day I was leaving for a weeklong trip). Scrambled and found a sled used parts shop that happened to have a throttle cable and got it put back together. This year, will be getting a mountain cable so I can use that riser in conjunction with the relocator. I did not need to extend brake lines, there is plenty of play if you just reroute everything.

I ended up giving in to the powermadd throttle extension and the longer brake hose. As for the park brake cable I think I am going to weld a 7/8" tube to my pivot adapter at the top of my steering post where my riser's bottom will be, and mount the park brake there. Hoping it won't hit anything but without seeing the sled all summer that is what I've come up with for now. Might look goofy but it'll function.

Mine is a 2012 XTX with the OFT relocator. I just followed the instructions with the kit and have never had an issue with the throttle.

Pete

Yes except I was wanting to do the relocate plus a riser. Just not quite sure which height yet but I'm thinkin about 6" over stock height.

Back