• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steering relocate throttle cable?

in general if you are going more than 3" over stock you have to change cables.

YUP. So where you getting your longer than MTX cables at?

I was having TORS and other throttle cable grief even when stock on my 2013 Nytro right from new.
The oem cable routing is....weird??

When I installed a stearing relocate I rerouted the cable in front of the bars...no probs with TORS or other issues since. It's just long enough however..she's very close to tight at full lock,,especially right.

BTW....OFT's website has very good instructions on rerouting the cable including a couple lil pointers to deal with the throttle block housing and wires so you don't fawk things up......;)! way ta go OFT!

I ended up giving in to the powermadd throttle extension and the longer brake hose. As for the park brake cable I think I am going to weld a 7/8" tube to my pivot adapter at the top of my steering post where my riser's bottom will be, and mount the park brake there. Hoping it won't hit anything but without seeing the sled all summer that is what I've come up with for now. Might look goofy but it'll function.
Derek, have you installed everything yet? I'm torn between the Mtx throttle cable and the powermadd extension. The extension would be nice in case I ever want to go even taller on my riser, but concerned about having an extra 10" of cable that I'd have to tuck away for now. How does yours fit?

Derek, have you installed everything yet? I'm torn between the Mtx throttle cable and the powermadd extension. The extension would be nice in case I ever want to go even taller on my riser, but concerned about having an extra 10" of cable that I'd have to tuck away for now. How does yours fit?
That was exactly my problem. I purchased a powermadd extension with my steering relocation. I was unable to install it correctly. too much cable to hide and twist. It was like having another mountain strap on the steering. Just removed it and reinstall stock wire.

I haven't installed anything yet. Haven't seen my sled for months. Honestly I'm hoping I can get away with running the stock cable re-routed as per OFT Racing's instructions on their website. If I can't.. I'll be fighting with the powermadd extension I am sure. If it's THAT much of a pain in the #*$&@ I'll go to the dealer and order a Nytro cable off of a short-track and utilize that combo. I am really hoping I don't end up using the powermadd extension. I don't like any of the powermadd products, it's all just cheap garbage that makes money.

I'm running my oft relocate with a 2.5" Powermadd riser on stock cable. No probs. No need to pull your bars just pull the actual cable out of the fun flipper and route the cable in front of the bars. Saves a crap load of time.

Last edited:
I recently installed an OFT Relocate...curious to know if I buy the MTX throttle cable, can I keep the routing/positioning on the front? I have an apex handle bar pad in place of the plastic one and the cable catches the edge...really would hate to put the stock plastic cap back on.

I have a 2013 nytro xtx , I already have a 2.5 lake effect riser . I have a oft relocate waiting to go on. Should I just buy a mtx cable and be done ? Do you have to extend the brake line as well ?

I have a 2013 nytro xtx , I already have a 2.5 lake effect riser . I have a oft relocate waiting to go on. Should I just buy a mtx cable and be done ? Do you have to extend the brake line as well ?
From my experience, yes, buy the mountain cable. You should be fine with the brake lines, you will just have to route them differenty to free up some slack.

Does anyone know the part number for the mtx cable ? I have a 2013 xtx 1.75 . And we're is the best place to get a cable from ? Who has the best price ?

Can you explain why you read all of the replies here yet ask for a different answer??

Can you explain why you read all of the replies here yet ask for a different answer??
im not sure who you are directing this to , but i dont see any part number for the mtx cable listed in this thread nor do i see any vendor info listed .

I'm just stating that most are saying it's (stocker) long enough and some are saying it's (MTX cable) too long. I say try it with the stock cable first since OFT says it will fit and YES I know it fits/works. I have an OFT with a 2" riser on mine and it's fine. You want the cable number here ya go 8HA-26311-00-00 Get one from Ronnies or your local stealer.

Back