• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer project

pay2play

Expert
Getting ready for snow. I was lucky to pick up a gently used wrp seat, Schmidt bros comfort clutch and a set of mtn skis with hardware. Since is is Labor Day, I got into polishing the tunnel. Good to get it done. I need to get the more technical stuff done yet. I have a trail tank to install, so copper seals for the exhaust will be done with it off. I have question on the roller install, bolts have loose play in them. I need to look that up... Happy Labor Day!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409604889.956846.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409604929.240240.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good. I replaced my exhaust donuts with copper this summer. My flex pipe bolts turned out fine, I let the. Soak for a day with good penetrating spray. I like doing sled repairs/mods in the summer when time doesn't matter as much.

That a boy get her done before the snow flys. I put the WRP seat kit on, MountainTech 43+2, and new pioneer plastic bushings in the A-Arms, changed all fluids and polished her up. Now I'm starting on the wifes RS Vector LTX.

Pete

I polished my tunnel too today.Mine looks good but yours looks great. What did you use to polish the tunnel?
IMAG0109.jpg

I also put in copper exhaust gaskets. I have oilite bushings put in and i'm working on getting Grizztracks gussets installed.

I polished my tunnel too today.Mine looks good but yours looks great. What did you use to polish the tunnel?View attachment 98449

Looks like I used the same mothers polish. I picked up a couple cone shaped metal polishers at harbor freight. They work better than the foam units and the small wheels it looks like you were using. For the price I'm pretty happy with them. Each time I polish, the easier it's getting. I'm pretty happy with results. Next will be tearing down to do the trail tank, etc.

I also put in copper exhaust gaskets. I have oilite bushings put in and i'm working on getting Grizztracks gussets installed.

Nice, how did the gaskets go in for you? Was it straight forward?

Gaskets went in pretty good. I used a 1\4" impact driver to loosen up the the clamps and re-tighten them after putting in the new gaskets. Ill have to check out those cone shaped polishers, i'm having a hard time getting rid of the "swirls" in a few spots. This was the first time I polished a tunnel and I had all of last years grime to get off. I like the light relocation on your machine. Did you run the wiring under the tunnel?

Very nice looking sled!

The others in my small riding group got new Vipers/Cats this year, I'm re-investing in my Nytro. Did the OFT relocator & HIDs last season, and I have a pretty decent list I'm working on presently...

WRP seat (done & ready to install), trail tank waiting for install, copper donuts done as well as new heat shield material as the old stuff was shredded (and one flex pipe needed to be replaced), Star suspension (bought it last season, never got it installed), rear shocks rebuilt/revalved by Star, backcounty 1.75, 20 tooth top gear, older style MTX skis w/ new snowtrackers as the old ones are pretty wore down, going through all the bearings at the moment, and a few other cosmetic things that I didn't really need, but... wtf, right? Considering the MountainTech cooler if it goes on sale before I get too far along in reassembly. Having a lot of fun in the garage the last few weeks!

Gaskets went in pretty good. I used a 1\4" impact driver to loosen up the the clamps and re-tighten them after putting in the new gaskets. Ill have to check out those cone shaped polishers, i'm having a hard time getting rid of the "swirls" in a few spots. This was the first time I polished a tunnel and I had all of last years grime to get off. I like the light relocation on your machine. Did you run the wiring under the tunnel?

I know exactly what you mean, I had the same issue when I used the small wheels. The bigger area on the cone helped avoid those"extra shiny" areas and gave it a more even shine.

Very nice looking sled!

The others in my small riding group got new Vipers/Cats this year, I'm re-investing in my Nytro. Did the OFT relocator & HIDs last season, and I have a pretty decent list I'm working on presently...

WRP seat (done & ready to install), trail tank waiting for install, copper donuts done as well as new heat shield material as the old stuff was shredded (and one flex pipe needed to be replaced), Star suspension (bought it last season, never got it installed), rear shocks rebuilt/revalved by Star, backcounty 1.75, 20 tooth top gear, older style MTX skis w/ new snowtrackers as the old ones are pretty wore down, going through all the bearings at the moment, and a few other cosmetic things that I didn't really need, but... wtf, right? Considering the MountainTech cooler if it goes on sale before I get too far along in reassembly. Having a lot of fun in the garage the last few weeks!

I think you are going down the right path, but I'm biased. If I can swing it, my next mod will be a backcountry track too. Maybe next summer...

i have zbros front end going on, kn filters with power commander, new track and studs going in.....put about 5 hrs into her yesterday....winter is coming!

Also putting on some Mo-Flow curved vents on the bottom and a console vent. I had some overheating issues running on hard pack later in the riding season. Hopefully this helps, otherwise I may look into the Mountaintech Cooler. Im also putting in a tunnel block off, so hopoefully this helps with the icing under the tunnel and more snow gets to the heat exchanger...

I was looking at the console vent too. I did the tunnel block off a few season ago, and I haven't ever have an overheating problem, but going to the 1.75 I have some concern that I won't get enough snow to the heat exchanger with the taller lugs.

Back