• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer project

I know some guys will run scratchers for the hard pack, but I think if you off- trail ride, you shouldn't have a problem if there is plenty of powder. Did the tunnel block off help? I am making my own, and I keep thinking about a new exhaust while I have it all torn down. So I have been holding off on actually cutting my plate until I know for sure what kind of pipe I'll have on the machine. Any one have any suggestions? I know a full Hindle would be great but I'm not planning on spending the $ for that and a fuel controller.......

Any body running a "comfort clutch" setup? I have been considering changing the spring in my secondary so it engages at a lower RPM. Can this be done without a lot of extra mods to the clutch?

Very nice looking sled!

The others in my small riding group got new Vipers/Cats this year, I'm re-investing in my Nytro. Did the OFT relocator & HIDs last season, and I have a pretty decent list I'm working on presently...

WRP seat (done & ready to install), trail tank waiting for install, copper donuts done as well as new heat shield material as the old stuff was shredded (and one flex pipe needed to be replaced), Star suspension (bought it last season, never got it installed), rear shocks rebuilt/revalved by Star, backcounty 1.75, 20 tooth top gear, older style MTX skis w/ new snowtrackers as the old ones are pretty wore down, going through all the bearings at the moment, and a few other cosmetic things that I didn't really need, but... wtf, right? Considering the MountainTech cooler if it goes on sale before I get too far along in reassembly. Having a lot of fun in the garage the last few weeks!
now all you need is a turbo

What kind of turbo would you put on for flatland riding? What are the benefits over the trail supercharger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of turbo would you put on for flatland riding? What are the benefits over the trail supercharger?

fuel mileage and top end is better with turbo I have a MPI 180 on mine its awesome!

How is the install on a turbo compared to the supercharger? Do you have legal issues with different mufflers, etc?

I haven't had any legal issues but that is why MPI didn't make turbo's for flatland nytro's thay couldn't get it low enough dec. They don't have that problem with the viper because they have more room for a larger muffler.

Got the Schmidt bros comfort clutch kit on. Just need to buy a torque wrench to torque down to 4.3 ft lbs. put the marginal snow wheels on, the right way. Dealer installed the upside down. Embarrassed to say I didn't recognize the fix earlier. Ordered copper exhaust donuts from sled toyz. Wondering if I should add header wrap to exhaust to reduce heat on trail tank when installed. Thoughts?

As long as your heat shield has good heat tape / wrap on the back of it your fine. Plus the trail tank should have heat tape on the bottom of it as well. If not get some of the moose heat tape & slap it on the tank.

How did you mount your brake light or is it a different model?

Stock brake light and wiring. Will screw into reflector holes when you drill out the rivets. I didn't reuse the shielding in any way. You will need to drill a relatively large hole to get the wiring fished through though.

Stock brake light and wiring. Will screw into reflector holes when you drill out the rivets. I didn't reuse the shielding in any way. You will need to drill a relatively large hole to get the wiring fished through though.

Mine is mounted exactly the same way and I installed a Linq gas can on the tunnel....works awesome!

Back