• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer project

Yeah that light set up is great. I'm seriously considering doing mine that way. There's no storage on the xtx, so any way to make some extra space is good. The comfort clutch you put on, was it a spring and rollers? What do you think about going with a softer spring but keeping the same rollers. do you think this would help lower the engagement rpms also? I have an option to get just a primary spring that is supposed to help with this any opinions or info would be great as I haven't really done much clutch work before but would like to learn.

I installed my console vent from Mo-Flow yesterday. Looks good and I think it is gonna work well too. Its right above the radiator, so a lot of extra heat will go up and out. I have a set of curved vents ordered for the bottom. Hopefully these with a tunnel block off will help prevent overheating issues.

Last edited:
Yeah that light set up is great. I'm seriously considering doing mine that way. There's no storage on the xtx, so any way to make some extra space is good. The comfort clutch you put on, was it a spring and rollers? What do you think about going with a softer spring but keeping the same rollers. do you think this would help lower the engagement rpms also? I have an option to get just a primary spring that is supposed to help with this any opinions or info would be great as I haven't really done much clutch work before but would like to learn.

Comfort clutch is spring and rollers and IMO worth the dollars. Others claim to get similar results with YPY spring and rollers direct from Yamaha although RPM is slightly higher engagement (based on reading) which will likely keep you higher throughout the range. If you read Schmidt bros write-up another benefit of their setup is keeping the RPM in the power band throughout the throttle range. I couldn't tell you how close the spring alone will get you to either setup...if it is a lighter spring you should definitely get a lower RPM engagement.

[quote uid=19225 name="pay2play" post=1162728]Stock brake light and wiring. Will screw into reflector holes when you drill out the rivets. I didn't reuse the shielding in any way. You will need to drill a relatively large hole to get the wiring fished through though.<br /><br /><br /

Did my light the same way on my xtx. Now have custom gas can holder, shovel and snow bungie mounted.
fbccaee13dbc8d0d93f3bf9008b52c72.jpg

[quote uid=19225 name="pay2play" post=1162728]Stock brake light and wiring. Will screw into reflector holes when you drill out the rivets. I didn't reuse the shielding in any way. You will need to drill a relatively large hole to get the wiring fished through though.<br /><br /><br /

Did my light the same way on my xtx. Now have custom gas can holder, shovel and snow bungie mounted.
fbccaee13dbc8d0d93f3bf9008b52c72.jpg
How are you guys attaching the wiring harness for the tail light to the tunnel underneath?

Wrap ed the wire in loom with some half brackets that have pre drilled hole. Used longer rivots from top side and put through hole.

I used a OPO spring and 14.5mm rollers for my MTX and it lowered the engagement quite a bit. It is way more controllable now loading it on the trailer or just trying to move slowly around obstacles. Also relocated my tail light to the area just above the snow flap. I used a night rider light that sequences back and forth. Run the wires inside some vinyl tubing and copper pipe half clamps. Painted them silver and used 2 small rivets each. Some guys say they can't see my brake light. What I tell them is that I hardly use my brake. I know the engine breaking so well that I can time the corners perfect and rarely need the brake. I also tell them if they don't like it to back off some more and stop riding my a$$.

Attachments

• 20140109_165405.jpg
    20140109_165405.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 67
I just used the original plastic attachment that is part of the wiring harness connector. Don't know what to say to explain it better than that... I should use more connectors though, it sags a bit. I'd really like to shield it from rocks and ice chunks too, but worry that it will collect water.

Found a picture of how I did it. It was a piece of vinyl tube and a piece of plastic pipe I found at the hardware store. The vinyl tube fits inside the plastic. The exposed wire I used 2 layers of shrink tube .
20140227_003557.jpg

Found a picture of how I did it. It was a piece of vinyl tube and a piece of plastic pipe I found at the hardware store. The vinyl tube fits inside the plastic. The exposed wire I used 2 layers of shrink tube . View attachment 98624
I like the idea of protecting that wire. I also like the clean look of that setup.

I was worried about ice hanging off the wire and breaking it, but on our MTX's we don't get that much ice build up. I bet both sleds combined have less ice then our friends XTX. I have a tunnel block off plate and my wife's sled doesn't and we get the same amount of ice.

Little off topic but this is what I did for my buddies XTX that had a under tunnel exhaust on it when he bought it. Made a little trunk under the seat. I played a prank on him and put a piece of oven rack in there and said he could cook his lunch while he was riding. Don't have a picture of that unfortunately.
20140108_213635.jpg
20140108_213643.jpg
20140103_003839.jpg
20140115_185705.jpg
20140108_213635.jpg

Back