• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension help/suggestions

Ok heres my dilemma, I need to find a good set up for when I drag race. I am in a wheelchair and cant stand on the back of my sled to get it to hook up better. I had my mach set up ok but am looking for something better with my xtx, especially with the turbo. I used to way around 185+ but now I lost a lot of weight off my legs. I prolly way 160 at most with all my gear on. I took my sled across the lawn with the c&as on and I could tell their was way to much ski pressure. So I will adjust that accordingly but wanted to hear some suggestions on how to hook up better during take off. Just not to familiar with yamaha suspension. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

crippledncrazy said:
Ok heres my dilemma, I need to find a good set up for when I drag race. I am in a wheelchair and cant stand on the back of my sled to get it to hook up better. I had my mach set up ok but am looking for something better with my xtx, especially with the turbo. I used to way around 185+ but now I lost a lot of weight off my legs. I prolly way 160 at most with all my gear on. I took my sled across the lawn with the c&as on and I could tell their was way to much ski pressure. So I will adjust that accordingly but wanted to hear some suggestions on how to hook up better during take off. Just not to familiar with yamaha suspension. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Well you need a set of floats and drop the PSI to 25lbs to lower the front end. Get a limiter strap/chain and pull down the rear skid (Get someone to stand one it) and drop it down 3" and then secure it in that postion. Tighten up the limiter by 2" . Now set the transfer to give more ttansfer. You will have to play with it. In all of the sanctioned evnets that I have been do not allow you to stand on the rear of the skid anymore. Now if you are dragging your buddies in the field/lake, then leave everything in the stock position and turn some rear transfer into it.

Ski-preasure... Pretty hard to get rid of that with C&A Pros... First, I would shim the skis. That should help a bit. Tighten the middle shock a couple of turns. Put some transfer into it, by adjusting the rears adjuster rods. If you need more. If it is still stiff, look at valving and springs..

I have a great understanding of suspension and how it works but thanks. I was just wondering if any one had any suggestions . Sleadfreak pretty much nailed it, thanks a lot! For drags I will try that set up. I had that on handle I was just curious to a set up for just riding with friends and dragging at the lake on random meet up with other sleds. Thanks a lot sledfreak, I saw a couple things on the ski shims but I will have to search it so I can get a better handle on it.

Back