• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SWAPPING FRONT SHOCKS

Lee Rivers 1

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro RTX
I would like to change my front Fox Floats on my RTX to some GYTR shocks , my worry is not being able to set the back shocks to match the softer front. The backs are set as low as possible already. Just trying to soften the ride a bit. Thanks in advance for any input.

Send them to hygear, awesome work and my rear rtx shock I couldn't compress more than a inch or 2 (im 6'5" 300 lbs) and then it would shoot back out really fast. Hygear did the trail pro kit in both rears. Now it's a nice smooth compression with rebound to control it. The kit they have for gytr fronts is awesome too. I ordered axis fronts but that's a route I considered, ditching floats buying gytr and having them go through them

Hygear did an awesome job on my rear shocks as well. It rode so much better. I'm going to send them my front GYTR's next summer and get them done as well.

Pete

Fett bro 's has a fix for your floats .added volume makes the shocks much more forgiving

Hygear also as a dual chamber resivoir for floats. I personally dislike all versions of air shocks and feel it's another 5 years away before there is something durable and effective. But it's your choice on what you want for a product on the front tho.

Back