• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Synthetic oil?

WINDER1987

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys i bought an oil. Change kit and noticed after that it is full synthetic I usually use the semi synthetic will I be ok With the full?

I run full synthetic and dont have any issues. What are you concerned about?

I noticed at our Yamaha dealer that 0-30 semi-synthetic used to be the norm, and then they added 0-40 full synthetic to the lineup. Slightly higher cost if I remember right. Usually upgrades are for the better.

The Arctic Cat full Synthetic is cheaper then the Yamaha stuff here and is formulated for the same 1049 engine...our dealer carries both brands and pushed the AC stuff...

The Arctic Cat full Synthetic is cheaper then the Yamaha stuff here and is formulated for the same 1049 engine...our dealer carries both brands and pushed the AC stuff...
That's good to know! There a new Cat dealer that just opened near town. Thanks, love this site...

Same thing here in NS, cat and yamaha dealer in same building, cat oil change kit for the 7000 series cat (1049 Yamaha engine) is a lot cheaper! I actually started a thread on the subject near the start of winter, after I payed $90 for the Yamaha full synthetic kit.

Back