• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team Fast 136" M20 - 2011+ Apex XTX (Version 1.0)

Redbeard

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex, 136 M20, PB80
2008 Vector, 136 M20, PB80
Spring 2013

I'd like to mention that this is a custom installation that involves altering some chassis features that are not represented by Team Fast. The only items I use are the suspension and the dimensions to mount it.

For those interested in an M20, please follow the instructions included for your particular sled.

I'm happy with the performance of my Apex XTX, but the stock suspension hurts and has me wondering if I should have bought a standard 128" or SE. I have a 151" M10 on my Vector, so I'm seriously considering another Team Fast skid for the XTX; probably the M20. However, the M20 only comes in 136" max.

Do any of you guys run Tracks USA extensions on your M20? I'd like to keep the stock track, but I would have to install 136-144 extensions. If extensions are not a good idea on the M20, I would have no problem dropping down to a 136" track.

I'm considering the M20 because I hear it tranfers weight better than the M10. Either way, I'm at that stage in life where comfort trumps hole shot, but I still want the power for the endless railroad grades!

Any opinions are appreciated!

APEX XTX M20 installation - version 1.0

PHASE - ONE

Page 1 - Asking questions and placing order with Team Fast.
Page 2 - M20 and extrovert driver issue addressed, stock skid removal.
Page 3 - Critical M20 measurements, drop bracket installation/modification.
Page 4 - M20 test fit, track change.
Page 5 - Powder coating the parts, mounting air compressor to the tunnel, final M20 assembly.
Page 6 - Pictures of the Apex with M20 and old pictures of the Vector with M10.
Page 7 - Confirming track and tunnel protector clearance, mystery air leak.
Page 8 - Relocation of air compressor and pressure gauge.
Page 9 - All new air lines, 12 volt solenoid, wiring harness, power switch, securing air line inside the tunnel.
Page 10 - Final assembly of handlebar riser, pressure gauge, throttle cable, first ride.
Page 13 - M20 installation pics on an Apex 128".

PHASE TWO

Page 15 - Connecting the front shocks to the air system.
Page 16 - Front shock air lines, wiring, solenoid mounting brackets.
Page 17 - Project complete...maybe! :cool:
Page 18 - Repairing air compressor.
Page 19 - Air compressor: brass to Stainless steel check valve replacement.

Summer 2016:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/team-fast-m20-vector-ltx.141902/

Spring 2017:
http://ty4stroke.com/threads/team-fast-m20-apex-xtx-version-2-0.148773/

Last edited:

X2. Maybe a longer set of Fast rails would work. I think they are all the same M10/M20. Good luck and keep us posted!

M10

I have ran 121-136 TrackUSA extensions on a 121" M-10 for four years. It has held up well.

I run the M-10 with the Fast airshock in the rear and the Fox Zero Pro in the front. Works great.

Bgs

Did Fast discourage you from using extensions on their rails, or did you just put them on? I'm 95% certain I'm going to pull the trigger this summer. It will be an M20.

Last edited:
I've been reading older posts of guys having to trim down their extovert drivers when installing the M20. Is this true?

northernsledder.jk said:
Did Fast discourage you from using extensions on their rails, or did you just put them on? I'm %95 certain I'm going to pull the trigger this summer. it will be an M20.
I finally jumped in and bought one and all I can say is...man am mad at myself for waiting so long to fix the only thing I did not like about my Apex! Really like it....

northernsledder.jk said:
I've been reading older posts of guys having to trim down their extovert drivers when installing the M20. Is this true?

I would ask teamfast about moving it back so you don't have to trim them. I have 8 tooth divers in mine I have lots of clearance.

If you follow the install instructions you will definetly have to trim them. I found this out after the skid was alread in place. A multi tool worked great and I still have about a 1/2" of driver still working. The track has never racheted and I run it pretty loose. I would go for the new adjusting system when you buy. Adjusting on the fly is awesome

I emailed Fast about using using rail extensions to make a 136" M20 into a 144". They responded and recommended not using extensions and changing my stock 144" track to a 136".

Re: M20 on Apex XTX?

northernsledder.jk said:
I'm happy with the performance of my Apex XTX, but the stock suspension (or lack there of) has me wondering if I should have bought the SE. Since I'm already in love wtih the 151" M10 on my Vector, I'm seriously considering another Team Fast skid for the XTX, probably the M20. However, the M20 only comes in 136" max.

Do any of you guys run Tracks USA extensions on your M20? I'd like to keep the stock track, but I would have to install 136-144 extensions. If extensions are not a good idea on the M20, I would have no problem dropping down to a 136" track.

I'm considering the M20 over an M10 because I hear the lack of transfer on the 20 is not as bad as the 10. Either way, I'm at that stage in life where comfort trumps hole shot, but I still want the power for the endless railroad grades!

Any opinions are appreciated!
I went to the star set up in my xtx and it works very well I would prefer over the M20 witch I had in a apex. The star has better weight transfer and a much better ride over the stock set up. And a hell of a lot less money. http://www.starsuspensions.com/XTXA.htm

The trigger is pulled; I ordered a 136" M20 and Assault ski shocks for my XTX. I don't think much of the tip up rail for trail riding, so I'm dropping down to a 136" flat rail. Compared to stock, I'll actually have a few more inches of track making solid contact with the ground.

It will be later this summer before I get around to installing it, but when I do, I'll post pics of the progress.

Congrats on the trigger pulling. Let us know if you have any trouble with the install. Pretty straight forward, and take your time....good luck!

I think you will pat yourself on the back after you ride it....I have the M10 121 air and love it. The 136 cant be nothing but better in alot of conditions.Was thinking of doing 136 to mine but just did not want to do all the other work needed. Give the new skid time (up to a 200 miles) just to break in, this was true with mine as the manual will say this. Go with recommended settings on your weight and go from there. Small air adjustments (2 psi) make a difference. Plus I cant say enough aout Brian in there tech department on set-up for your needs. It gave my sled a whole new feel and after getting things in the ball park with settings the sled felt like and rode like a high end sled should IMO. For my 07apex RTX that had the Pro-Action skid(old -outdated) in it the M-10 was the real fix.
Regards, Rich.!

yamahatd said:
I would go for the new adjusting system when you buy. Adjusting on the fly is awesome.

Copy that! I ordered the "Compac" kit. It has the new air compressor that mounts on the right, rear running board. If I get along with this setup, I may order the compressor for the M10 on my Vector.

Last edited:

Back