• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

That damm reverse!

snowhite

Pro
Country
Canada
Well members it’s that reverse issue again on my 2015 viper! Parked it in the spring and now went to move it and of course the reverse doesn’t work,again. So I checked everything electrical and found the motor wasn’t working,again. Removed the motor and took it apart to find a lot of moisture inside the case where the armature is and noticed that one of the brushes wasn’t against the armature!! So upon inspection the small spring that presses the brush down was broken off on the end!! Figures. So I used my skills to bend the little bugger so it had spring pressure again. This type of cheap manufacturing is appalling for what we pay for a complete replacement unit.. Has anyone replaced the motor with the Dorman window actuator motor??

I had condensation build up in mine and the brushes stuck because I would park it in a heated shop after every ride, and then move it back into a cold building after the machine was thawed. It didn't like the hot/cool cycles.
However, leaving any machine out in the elements all the time is going to result in more component failure.

Well I guess the modern sleds just aren’t made for the winter anymore, period. What I’m gonna do is drill a couple small holes in the housing and cover them with frogskinz, this way the moisture will have a way to possibly escape. Just worth a try, can’t loose out.

Back