• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The *^%$#&@ pains fo trying to purchase a new trailer.

1simpleton

Country
USA
Snowmobile
xtx
Our one and only trip this year on our new sleds was to the U.P., on our way home I was looking in the rear view mirror all the way home in horror of the road grime/slop that was being kicked up all over our machine and at that point decided I was going to invest in an enclosed trailer.

So now I am calling “factory direct” places that eliminate the middle man to save me money, emailing places off Craigs list and stopping at the places I know of to see what they have. Here is what I have found, the factory direct places must be using a special aluminum in their builds ( possibly gold plated ) because they are not saving anyone money. The adds on Craigs list even though they have a picture/description of what you want they already sold it but they can order you one for a grand or more. When you stop to talk with the dealers they know exactly what you want, even though you tell them you are looking for a 7x18 with 6” added height they have a 8.5x24 car trailer that will suit my needs and if I ever want to get into some form of auto racing then I will have a car trailer also………….. Seriously, does anyone know of a reputable place that will listen to a persons needs and doesn’t want a years wages for what they offer??

well i see you live in the usa so that will help us narrow down the search and we will be able to reccomend the best place to go based on that i hear they sell them cheap in Texas.

I live in Minnesota but am ok with a drive to save money.

I got mine from R&R Trailer and they had a guy deliver it for like $450.00 dollars to NY.
Got a 7.5' inline Powersports Deluxe. Has suited me well.
http://rnrtrailers.com/

I heard that most of them were built in the SE USA.

I heard that most of them were built in the SE USA.

Most of them are built within a 30 mile radius of where I live in SW Mich. R & R is 10 miles away, Stealth is one mile away, Rance, Wells Cargo and more are only 20 miles away all along the Michigan/Indiana line. Lots of dealers, my neighbor is a dealer too.

R&R is a quality built trailer I used to sell them you can find a dealer and order thru them and get most of the travel done by the delivery to the dealer. I know american marine in shawano is a dealer but would be quite a drive from MN.

I wanted simple, light weight, and low wind drag even though I tow with a 1 ton diesel.

I used to sell trailers so there was no question I wanted a Floe. Yes the height is low, but boy does it pull nice.

1simple post: 1225485 said:
Our one and only trip this year on our new sleds was to the U.P., on our way home I was looking in the rear view mirror all the way home in horror of the road grime/slop that was being kicked up all over our machine and at that point decided I was going to invest in an enclosed trailer.

So now I am calling “factory direct” places that eliminate the middle man to save me money, emailing places off Craigs list and stopping at the places I know of to see what they have. Here is what I have found, the factory direct places must be using a special aluminum in their builds ( possibly gold plated ) because they are not saving anyone money. The adds on Craigs list even though they have a picture/description of what you want they already sold it but they can order you one for a grand or more. When you stop to talk with the dealers they know exactly what you want, even though you tell them you are looking for a 7x18 with 6” added height they have a 8.5x24 car trailer that will suit my needs and if I ever want to get into some form of auto racing then I will have a car trailer also………….. Seriously, does anyone know of a reputable place that will listen to a persons needs and doesn’t want a years wages for what they offer??
If ur looking for In put on a trailer to look for I love my trtion tc167 7 foot wide very aerodynamic rear door and side door holds 3 sleds if u back one in weighs just over 1000lbs tows great and is a single axle iam 6 foot and I just tilt my head to the side in it has a low deck height and I had 4 quads in it it took some mucling to get them side ways but they fit

Back