• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

THinking new Skis for XTX

i am running c&a razors on my x-tx. steering effort is increased alot but it also goes the direction you want it to. help a crap load off trail as well. with flotation.

loudelectronics said:
I think I am going to go with the USI x2. They seem to be the most cost effective.

What should I go with for length of carbides?

Does the mounting kit have the rubbers and everything in it?

I'm using 9" Stud Boy Shaper Bars, steering is a lot heavier, but it goes where you point it! Mounting kit has everything, including rubbers.

SLP Powder Pros with 9in or 7.5in shaper bars. The powder pros have a fair amount of rocker to them so steering effort isnt increased by much. Also with the stepped up design it acts like a trail ski on hardpack but in loose snow (chewed up corners) the side of the "step up" acts like another outside keel. Off trail they float awesome too. I have tried them on many different sleds and are by far the best all around ski I have ever tried.

KatahdinLodge said:
SLP Powder Pros with 9in or 7.5in shaper bars. The powder pros have a fair amount of rocker to them so steering effort isnt increased by much. Also with the stepped up design it acts like a trail ski on hardpack but in loose snow (chewed up corners) the side of the "step up" acts like another outside keel. Off trail they float awesome too. I have tried them on many different sleds and are by far the best all around ski I have ever tried.

I would have to 2nd that. I tried the Powder Hounds and the steering was just to heavy (currently for sale in the classifieds) and went with the SLP powder pros. The performance is great with about half the effort that the Hounds had.

Easy Rider said:
MEYERCHIRO34 said:
Anyone try USI x2 triple threat? they seem to be a good ski.

I do. Stage 1, running 9" Shaper Bars, shortened the limiter strap 2 holes and it now rails. Great off trail as well.
This is also my set up on a 08 rtx. Can't wait till they get here. :Rockon:

loudelectronics said:
How do you decide on carbide length?

Personal preference. If you don't mind heavier steering, go with more carbide. When you order the skis, get the 'power steering plates' I think they are called to go between the mounting brackets and the skis. They are about $20 and give the ski a more of a 'rocker' effect. They actually do make a difference. I ran these skis on my Revs for 2 years and had such good luck with them I decieded to use them on the Nytro as well.

So far so good! :Rockon:

Simmons gen 2

I drive with the 10" wide flexi ski. I had new carbides on her at first. They made her grab too much when steering into a corner on hard pack or ice. Made that bad attitude even badder. I dug out the old carbides and it feels a lot better but you go straight across solid ice and pavement. They only pushed in corners with new fluffy snow on plowed roads. On groomed trails you go where you steer with the dual runners but you have a lot harder steering effort. In deep powder they are excellent for flotation. Apparantly they weight more than other skis. On snow the new carbides worked fine but if you went onto ice they gave me an uneasy feeling. Your suppose to match the runners with your studs. Plus your studs with your horse power. Too few studs stress out the studs you do have. This helps rip out studs as the studs you have take all the pressure. The more studs the less pressure put on each stud individually. The more weight you bolt to your track the more rotating mass. It hurts top speed and you can feel your track more.
I was told not to over carbide my ski's on the Nytro. The weight is over the skis more on this rider forward sled. Less carbide is needed. I haqve 114 studs up the middle and wore out carbides on the Gen 2 simmons. I need to drop the preload a bit from the front and try tightening up a hole on the front limiter strap. Then I'll report back. If your hardly ever off trail I would not buy these ski's as the lighter set ups might react quicker to terrain changes. My ski's weigh over 8.8 pounds each with carbides installed. I've used shaper bars before thad the wear bars last very good.

Attachments

• XTX 003.jpg
    XTX 003.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 52

Back