• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

To STAR or not to Star nytro XTX

sprintcat

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro xtx
Thinking of some suspension up grades , not sure what I am going with ,to date I have stock suspension,
except hygear triple rate springs up front. and the OTF steering relocate. what is the best set up for Aggressive
trail riding ?????????? I would like to here from some of the Nytro riders that have made some changes on there Sled. its going to be a short Summer .

Hygear rear suspension shock rebuild with sport package. Mountain tech 43+2 A-arm kit.

Pete

I own a XTX 2009 with starsuspension revalve and relocation kit... it made a huge improvement over the stock set up.
It's a must !

Next step, install a mountaintech a arms 43'' + 2 ''... (on order)

Did the STAR relocate and teh Zbros front end and it made a huge difference is the sled. It no longer feels tippy in the corners. I can ride much harder now with less effort.

I own a XTX 2009 with starsuspension revalve and relocation kit... it made a huge improvement over the stock set up.
It's a must !

Next step, install a mountaintech a arms 43'' + 2 ''... (on order)

Running that setup now...almost like I bought a new sled.

Did the Star xtx linkage kit and had him revalve and shim the front shocks to shorten them up to get the front end lower. Limiter strap up one hole and C&A Razors with 9 inch shapers have it carving as good as it can. Oft relocate works nice too.

I have the full star kit 'n revalving = awesome, I added the jre trail king proto 3 but just the spindle, they are good but I think the mountaintech front end would be more noticeble than the spindle. I do wonder if the mountaintech front suspension kit would match with the spindle of jre?
as a comparaison I had a phaser before, and it is a lot like a nytro exept for power, I had put a A.D Boivin ZX-2 136 inch and it was incredeble, but for the price difference of 2000$ betwen star and zx-2, your best bet is the star kit, shure it is about 10% less but for the price you just can't beat it and the star kit is more sturdy and keep everything stock + 2000$ for a mountaintech kit, oft relocate (this is the most awesome change of all), and watever you want more.

I run a WRP seat (2'' higher than stock) and for the ergos and the sled dynamic comportement, I'm very please of it...

I can't understand the OFT relocate added value...

Wow thanks for the response guys , so I guess this sled is going to need, front and back make over ? star for the back and mountain tech for the front .
lets c what the funds will permit, maybe just star and shock upgrade .

Wow thanks for the response guys , so I guess this sled is going to need, front and back make over ? star for the back and mountain tech for the front .
lets c what the funds will permit, maybe just star and shock upgrade .

I did the mountain tech front end because I needed 4 new ball joints and my a-arms were getting pretty rusty...each ball joint is $100 or more up here and I figured it would be between 100-200 to powder coat arms. So all said and done I figure the upgrade cost around $300 (I sold my old a-arms for 300)...not a bad price for how much better my sled handles! Grizz says he can make his rail with stock front end...I never could.

If I remember correctly didn't Grizz get a set of mountain tech arms to try out ? last year I thought, I could be wrong ..

If I remember correctly didn't Grizz get a set of mountain tech arms to try out ? last year I thought, I could be wrong ..

He did...I got the impression that he was going back to stock...I'm more then happy with my mountaintech front end.

Grizz had a 08 Nytro that he had set up perfectly to his riding preference. Last year he hit a buried rail track and destroyed his arms and other parts. He updated his arms to the newer style, but wasn't satisfied. He tested the Mountaintech arms and was happy with them. But it wasn't the same handling sled that he had before the accident with the 08 arms that fit his riding style perfectly. Yes, I guess he has moved on to the viper.
I don't know him, I have just followed his posts because as far as the Nytro goes he knows the machine inside and out.

All set on the front now . I pulled the trigger on the Mountain tech a arms. 43'' X 2''. now to get the Star kit ... next week MAYBE. any body have this same set up on a XTX???:sled1:

Back