1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.

tors issue

Discussion in 'Apex General Talk' started by jminor1, Nov 25, 2013.

1. jminor1

jminor1 Newbie

Just picked up an 08 apex and the previous owner mentioned he had some tors issues.. has anyone here had to disable the tors like on the older sleds?

3. apex55

apex55 Pro

TORS usually points to a throttle cable issue. There has to be some free play at the thumb throttle, if not it sets off the code and limits the rpm. If there was an after market riser put on then the cable may be to short. I had a mishap and it broke the cable housing were it mounts to the engine, so every time I took a sharp turn it would set it off. There is a process on this forum to by pass it, but I feel your better off solving the problem.

4. Viper_Dave

Viper_Dave Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    '11 Apex XTX, '09 Venture GT, '06 Attak
    It will also flare up if your speedo side driveshaft bearing is bad....... Ask me how I know lol!

5. jminor1

jminor1 Newbie

No aftermarket riser and I will be doing the shaft and bearing soon so I will check that I just know the old ones used to malfunction and I wasn't sure if that was still a problem w the newer ones or not

6. kingtut

kingtut Newbie

Good to know! It is hard to tell when those things go bad sometimes.

7. thor452

thor452 Paying Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2012 Apex XTX
    they generaly dont malfunction most likely a freeplay issue with the throttle cable can be adjusted its in the book.

8. macattack98

macattack98 Newbie

I had this issue last year on my 07 apex i had just got i had no free play in throttle cable adjusted cable and all has been good since. I'd check the cable,

9. theCATman

theCATman TY 4 Stroke Guru

First thing I did when I got home with all my Yamaha's ( Nytros, Apex & Vector) was bypass the TORS.

IMO... that's what the kill switch or a tether is for.

10. RxThunder

RxThunder Newbie

How do you Bypass the TORS on an Apex, I know how to on my RX1 and this will be my first season with the Apex, would like to know how to bypass it just in case.

11. Crewchief47

Crewchief47 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Vendor Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2008 Nytro MTX 45th
    Not sure on the TORS bypass on a fuel injected sled, but here's a freeplay setting procedure for an apex. Keep in mind that the TORS is a runaway sled preventer and works all the time, not just when you remember to hook up your tether.....

Attached Files:

12. gsxr

gsxr TY 4 Stroke Master

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2011 APEX XTX MCX EPS 295 HP
    Where the toros wires plug into the switch on the throttle shaft , unplug , they are male / female , then plug sled side into each other ! Done

13. jminor1

jminor1 Newbie

Had some snow here last night and played around with it, tors was going off a bit then stopped, there is adequate free play in the cable..

14. Blue Dave

Blue Dave Paid Member Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

It is a simple system. If it is adjusted properly there should be no need to bypass this safety system.

15. jminor1

jminor1 Newbie

The throttle is adjusted properly where is the tors wiring exactly?

16. snowbiscuit

snowbiscuit TY 4 Stroke Master

tors

Had a friend with tors issues...throttle bodies were hanging up on occasion....lubing the linkage took care of it