• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Totallyamaha/Yamaha 2017 Showcase

I am coming. The wife is not.

I'm somewhere between the dog house and the s&$t house right now I think. But, I will be there. Staying outside Chicago Saturday night on the way up. Looking forward to being there and meeting all you guys.
Well, if she changes her mind, you can easily get a cake at Woodmans. Did that last year while at the boat race there. The flowered sheet cake didn't exactly match the birthday theme, but accomplished the goal! Whatever house you're in, you can always pick one up to take it home to her as well. Might help you get out of either of those other "houses." :Rockon:

I am coming. The wife is not.

I'm somewhere between the dog house and the s&$t house right now I think. But, I will be there. Staying outside Chicago Saturday night on the way up. Looking forward to being there and meeting all you guys.

Right on..lol,.. so glad I dont deal with that anymore.. I also am looking forward to meeting some new faces :)

Wish I could make it but between the 6+ hour drive, the sneak peak show tonite and having our open house on the 15th its just not in the cards. Enjoy guys, its an awesome machine!

I will be sure to do that for you. Anyone else want us to post up or check out anything special?
Please post pics. Going back and forth between the blue and the red LTX LE! Maybe a few more pics will make a difference!

A retirement party is keeping me from going. To bad it's not mine!

Went to the event. I have to say I'm disappointed. Here Yamaha gets to have a group of their most rabid fans and they don't have anything for us. No swag. No freebies. No handouts. No food. Just some sleds sitting in the rain. Way to phone it in, Yamaha. Oh- and no answers for all the viper engines that are ticking time bombs. Given their 3% market share, current out sourcing to AC, and apathy towards their most devoted fans, I'd say things aren't looking good for team Blue. Really disappointing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 120
I will have to give a different perspective. While I too would've liked to be able to purchase some swag, I knew going into it that wasn't part of it. I really appreciate Mr. Sled and Yamaha putting this together. I enjoyed it. At least 18 sleds and motor and chassis stripped down to see internal components. Also, shocks and clutch apart for viewing. I got most of my questions answered, and some not. Also, they gave away posters and banners. And free kids helmets. Yes I said free helmets, which included cloth shell and zippered bag. Awesome! All in all, well worth it to me.

Don't think my disappointment is directed at Mr Sled. I'm very appreciative for him setting things up and for running this great site. And while I'm no democrat looking for a handout, it would have been a really nice show of appreciation on Yamahas part for all we spend on this very expensive hobby. As for the free helmets and banners, I didn't see any of that. Must have been gone by the time I got there. I'm glad you had a different experience.

I will start out by saying Thank You Tom, and the guys from Yamaha. I really enjoyed seeing the new sleds and hearing about them. I got to see a couple of good friends that I didn't get to see this winter. Now I have a ? for the guys that saw the sleds at dealer shows. What did you get there? Was there anything special? I talked to one of the Yamaha guys, don't know there names sorry, and he was very nice. Said they have been going nonstop for months getting ready for and the release of this sled. I'm sure they would have rather been at home with family and friends, instead of showing a bunch of track kickers the new sleds in the cold and rain. I say a big Thank You to them and Tom.

20160410_191506.jpg
20160410_191932.jpg
Ualav8, maybe that stuff was given out before you got there. I was there at 11 and left around 2. There was still a stack of banners and posters, and a couple of media kits sitting there when I left.

Maxdlx, the dealer that I went that had 2017s, had a Sidewinder BTX SE and Viper LTX LE. The rep brought brochures, cans of pop, and popcorn.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any other manufacturers offering such an event. For Yamaha to allow Mr Sled and the TY members to hang out at the facility on a Sunday with Mr Powers and other staff answering questions and firing up sleds and running them is way Kool. Thank you Mr Sled and the Yamaha staff for the opportunity .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back