• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Towing with a Winder

Clintww

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2001 SXR. 2005 RX1. 2017 Sidewinder
Is the back end strong enough to tow a vector or Apex if the need arises? Will the clamp over style hitch mounted on the stock bumper pull a heavy sled? Will the tunnel buckle? I did have to pull an Apex with my Vector last winter when the stator burnt out. YES it does happen sometimes

Well, I towed a 2019 ZR9000 turbo with a blown clutch over 40 miles with no brakes too... My 2022 Sidewinder SE, 270HP tune pulled it like nothing, I was surprised how well it did and did not bend the tunnel.

One time I pulled 2 xf1100's at once, nose to tail, after they both ran out of gas within 1/2 mile of each other.
It was on a railroad bed but my bumper survived.
There is a picture somewhere.

THe bumper is strong enough. If you were going to tow something on a regular basis I’d recommend the HD bumper

I tow a sleigh every weekend without issue. I do have the HD bumper however.

Under circumstances your describing not much of a choice sometimes, pulling down a groom trail or road is no problem, middle of nowhere not so much… 17 years on my Apex and it has never needed towing… Now thats a testament to a great machine along with proper maintenance..

Back