• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track drive lugs in tough shape

schwaaa31

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro
So, I was pulling out my skid to send my shocks out for service, when I took a look at the underside of my track. The lugs that engage with the drive wheels, the inside lugs on both sides of the track, are all torn pretty badly. The sides and some of the tops of all of theses lugs are ripped off. Any idea why this would happen? Maybe I picked something up in the tack? Maybe built up ice?

What we commonly see when those inside track drive lugs get damaged on a 121" Nytro (assuming that is what you have?) is that the plastic slides (#2 in the fiche picture below) that guide the track up over the front suspension arm are extremely worn down or missing and allowing the track drive lugs to rub/wear against the bolts/nuts that hold those plastic slides on. Rubbing the bolts/nuts causes those track drive lugs to get chunked out/ripped up and if you look closely at the bolts/nuts they will be all polished up from rubbing the track. The factory part number for the plastic slides on an 08 or 09 Nytro 121" is 8F3-47422-01-00 but we normally replace them with 8F3-47422-10-00 which are unfortunately about double the price but they are made out of a better material and last much longer than the stock ones. We keep both styles in stock here at the shop.

Nytro Track Suspension 2.gif

It is a 121. Thanks for the info. I will take a look to see if that's what is going on tonight. And more than likely putting in an order with you guys tomorrow. Thanks again!

Do you have extrovert drivers? Track slippage on drivers will beat up the drive nubs on track over time. Just something else to keep in mind.

Back