• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Typical Battery Life

nor'easter

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro RTX SE
I am interested to learn how many years to expect out of the stock Yamaha battery under normal or average mileage? I prefer to not deal with battery issues before it weakens or fails.

There's a lot of variables but you can expect any where from 1-5 years. It all depends on temperature, recharge intervals whether you disconnect while in storage, etc. Most of us are now running Lithium ions, hope to get 8 years out of them. Not cheap though....

Original battery is still in my 2007 Apex. I store the sled in an unheated garage, never use a battery tender, put the sled away in April, and when I go to put a battery charger on in November, it charges for 5 minutes and shows FULL. As long as it keeps doing that, I'll use it for another year. 09 Nytro is following the same path but probably takes 1/2 hour to fully charge, and that's with a 2 amp battery charger.

Last edited:
09 xtx...09 battery. Charged full on OxiMiser in under 1 minute this fall. But I keep my Micro Start with me all the time just in case of those -30 C mornings.

I got 5 on my old Apex and only 4 on my wifes Vector. If you got 4 I would replace to avoid troubles.

In Canada Royal Distributing mostly, but I did purchase my wife's from Ballistic Batteries in the states. But with our dollar right now, not gonna happen. The newer ones are "smart" batteries and can be charged with a normal lead acid charger. They even shut down if they're getting drained or overcharged.

09 nytro still original battery 6000 miles on sled. Also stored in garage over summer. It stays in trailer for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Original batteries in both my sleds. 09 Nytro has 5100 miles and 06 apex has 5500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been getting a solid 5yrs from my yuasa batteries. Had an 05 vector and I"m still using the original battery in my ride'm mower, but it is time to retire that one! Just replaced my battery on my 08 nytro this season, (using old battery on my yamaha bruin) but I keep my batteries on a tender in the off season so I'm sure that has attributed to the longevity of the batteries. I would never buy anything else.

yuasa batteries have lasted a long time for me. Still have my original in my 09' phazer, 07' Rancher, and I even had one last 17 years in my 93' TRX 300 4x4 which had a lot of winch use plowing.

Back