• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer clutch tool

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
So I am trying to make sure my clutches are aligned properly. I have them off. Now from the way I've read the instructions I bolt the bracket to the primary and the half moon should fit over the secondary. It does with a bit of force or if I rotate the secondary shaft it slips in the groove. This ok? As for the alignment with the primary on and in the grove of the tool there should be a certian amount of distance from the tool to the secondary? And should be square? Trying to figure out why I had a couple belts blow last year. One so bad it broke the secondary sheave off.

It sounds like you are using the tool correctly. But when measuring center to center the half moon should fit over the jackshaft no matter the jackshaft's positon. From what you describe i think your jack shaft may be bent or the jackshaft bearings are bad. This could explain the belt issue.

As for the alignment with the primary on and the tool on the primary the pads on the too should be equal distances from the back of the inside sheave. By pushing the secondary in it should contact the too evenly. The secondary is supposed top have 1 to 2 mm of float so as long as the secondary floats and touches the tool the alignment is OK. Now keep in mind it is acceptable for the front pad on the tool to have a slightly larger gap to the sheave then the rear. The motor torques on accel and the clutches will come into alignment evening the gaps. If the front has a smaller gap then you have issues since as the motor accelerates then the alignment becomes worse.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. As for the ctc. I just meant it's a bit tight but it will fit over if I slightly push it.

Back