• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Understeer, time for new skags anyway

brs077

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Yamaha FX Nytro XTX 1.75
So the trails here are tight and often weave through woods. To ride them I often have to drop sometimes to 20mph just to navigate because it will push too bad otherwise, or get tippy on a sharp tight turn, but that's a different problem. We have to cross a lot of roads too, sometimes at angles, and that never goes well either.

I've been thinking of another skag setup and while unloading the trailer yesterday the outside left skag got caught on the trailer, so no time like the present. I was thinking 4.5/7.5 but wasn't sure if that would be a bit too aggressive. 1.75 XTX, no studs, minimal front end work, just spring tension.

Looking for the best recommendation to help with tight turns and pavement crossing. Suspension adjustment ideas to help cut down the tight turn tipping would be appreciated too.

I run 6 inside and 4 out on my 13xtx with a 1.25 track and 114 studs down the middle. It turns very good and easy. My front shock coils are as soft as they can go. Front of rear is at max preload with the rear of rear on med. Stock loose limiter strap with transfer rods in the stock position also. Works great for me @ 240lbs. Not sure if your 1.75 track will change things much.

Cool, thanks for the input. my preload and skid are set up similar, with the exception of my shocks being revalved and set per Star Suspension's recommendations. As for the 1.75 vs the 1.25, I guess with some softer powder on the trail I would have more push vs hard pack which would give your studs the grip

If you have tuner skis they push in the loose stuff and I'm running 6 and 0 for carbides with 114 studs. Where you don't have studs I would not run anything over 4 and 0 on tuners. You might want to look at curve skis XS leader package I have heard they rock in the corners.

Pete

Back