• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upper A-Arm Play

moab11

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 SKS 155
Just putting my sled back together after getting the shocks rebuilt and I noticed that the upper arms are able to slide fore and aft on the sleeve bushing about 1/8". They are Skinz arms, and I don't remember if they did that when I installed them last year. Could this indicate that the oil lite bushings need to be replaced? or is something else going on?

That is what is throwing me off, the bolts are as tight as I can get them, so the have to be tight against the inner bushing. Both sides being the same should rule out any damage.

It could be that the Skinz A arms or the bushings have always been out of spec. 1/8" for and aft play isn't all that bad really IMO, as long as the bushings fit snug with the long upper shaft. As long as the ski spindle doesn't rattle to much.

You could find a nylon washer that could tighten up the tolerance if you so desire.

That is what is throwing me off, the bolts are as tight as I can get them, so the have to be tight against the inner bushing. Both sides being the same should rule out any damage.

Don't overtighten those bolts. Loctite them and torque them to specs. The Skins A arm is probably a little on the short side, which is not really a big deal. You can add a washer as suggested if you want to get rid of the play.

Ok, thanks for the help guys. I'll keep putting everything back together as is and see how it rides next season before worrying about it more.

Back