• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upper and Lower A arm removal

alswagg2

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
I bought the MPI bushing for the upper and lower A arms. The upper arm were very easy, but I am having a hard time accessing the lower arm rear nuts. I did a search but could not find any information. I can see the nuts, but can't physically reach. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, this is on a 2009 XTX. Thanks Al

i went in through the tie rod boots to get at mine, it was not easy but i just puled them back at the front and slid the wrench up there. Good luck!

I unbolted the ecu and pushed it down and was able to reach in and hold them.

I removed some of the plastics to make it easier and was able to get them from the top. if you remove the airbox it will also help.

Remove the stock skid plate and go up under it. They will be right in the open and easy to get too. I just put my arms back on last night and thats the way I took them off.

I dropped the whole subframe off the sled last month for the gusset kit and it was really easy to take stuff off then!

Dropping the skid plate makes it easy if you have a 2008, but 2009 and up has a reinforcement gusset blocking access to the rear nuts. I went through the tie rod boots. I just installed grizztracks gusset kit and while the subframe was out had the nuts welded to the subframe. Will be easy from now on.

Ok no access from the skid plate I can remove the air box but I think I am going to try to go through the tie rod boot. I just installed mountain tech skid plate also.

just finished mine tonight. I pulled the plastic. Only takes about 30 minutes to get the plastic pulled and gives you 100 % access; take the top a arm off first and the entire plastic will pull out of the way and reverse the install. Put the lower in first to reinstall and then the top a arm. Oilite are great and easy to install; I used 12 inch thread all and pulled them right in. Pulling them out is going to be a byotch, but hopefully I never have to do it. I also toed out the skis 1/2 inch. Cannot wait for snow in SW Michigan. I am going to help install trails this weekend. Don't forget to support your local snowmobile club!

Well I got both the upper and lower arm bushings replaced. I went through the tie rod boots plus I removed the regulator, that allowed me to get a hand by the nut. Actually went very easy. Thanks. Al

Remove the stock skid plate and go up under it. They will be right in the open and easy to get too. I just put my arms back on last night and thats the way I took them off.

That only works on a 2008 subframe because it does not have the large gusset plate that later versions have.

Back