• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upper Rear idlers....any aftermarket replacements that fit?

GotJuice

Expert
I tried to order uppler idlers to match the other spoked Yamaha accesory wheels I have on my sled and was told they have a different size bearing and can't get the accesory wheels to fit. I called a couple different dealers with the same results. So I'm wondering if anyone makes replacement upper idlers for our stock skids ? I want to go to 9" rear billet anodized wheels and I want to run a set of upper idlers THAT MATCH but fear they have an odd ball size I can't get ? I have an Apex Mnt. but still I see everyone running the stock upper wheels and some of the sickest sleds with all billet wheels running them solid black ugly stock upper idlers...any suggestions ?

I had the same problem when I did my skid in the spoke wheels. The wheel size is not the issue it's the bearing size in that particular wheel size that seems to be an issue. I think some serious searching or some custom billets may be the only other option. I think MuffinWorks stoped making wheels but you could give them a call and ask.

I have Slydog Real Cool Bogies that will fit the top shaft, it's not billet, but it would match the rest of the wheels if you did them all.

Srxspec said:
I have Slydog Real Cool Bogies that will fit the top shaft, it's not billet, but it would match the rest of the wheels if you did them all.

Can the Slydog bogies replace the middle inside wheels also?

Do I have to machine the wheel mounts?

Thank you

Thank you!

Thanks Ulmer for chiming in, I have looked at the Slydog wheels and Like them, do they come in 8" or 9" version? What would a set of three 8" or 9" wheels with a relocation axle cost and a set of matching upper idlers ? I can always add the inner idlers as I see fit but the rear wheels and upper idlers I kind of gotta have.... :o| LOL. Anyone else know of billet wheels with the correct bearing inner diameter to fit in this location ?

Yummy said:
Srxspec said:

Can the Slydog bogies replace the middle inside wheels also?

Do I have to machine the wheel mounts?

Thank you

Yummy, the Slydog's can replace the middle inside wheels also, no machining required.

Re: Thank you!

GotJuice said:
Thanks Ulmer for chiming in, I have looked at the Slydog wheels and Like them, do they come in 8" or 9" version? What would a set of three 8" or 9" wheels with a relocation axle cost and a set of matching upper idlers ? I can always add the inner idlers as I see fit but the rear wheels and upper idlers I kind of gotta have.... :o| LOL. Anyone else know of billet wheels with the correct bearing inner diameter to fit in this location ?

GotJuice, they make 8" wheels, I do not believe they make any 9" a tthis time. I do not know the cost of a relocation axle, but the wheels are $55 each.

Re: Thank you!

GotJuice said:

If you could let me know the size of the wheel and what bearing it is I am pretty sure we can make them. We also make billets in 8,9, and 10 inch sizes......

Back