• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper issues Fixed!

1moretime

Veteran
Dealer had a 14 xtx apex left over on showroom floor, so i traded my 14 xtx viper in on it. Man I missed this engine!
DSC03664.JPG
DSC03665.JPG

Sounds like the perfect solution to me!

Btw, what issues were you having with the Viper.
I guess my main issue was the inconsistency of the speed, seemed like if the conditions changed in the very least, it made a huge difference in the way it performed. Always felt like I was running the crap out of it, if i was not on a hard packed trail.

So I'm guessing you had an Apex before the Viper? New to EPS? If so, you're gonna Love It! Welcome back to the sweetest engine on snow!

Had a chance to get a Viper (and an XF 7000)....walked away from both and bought the Apex XTX...I have ZERO regrets....Good move...enjoy the sweetest motor in the sport!!!....EPS is the icing on the cake..love it!!

Sounds like a great solution to your problems! Be sure to report back with your first impressions of the XTX. I think we know what it will be, but we want to hear it from you, and help you get your post count up!! ENJOY!

Did a quick 180 km ride today, all I can say is WOW!!! Love everything about this sled!!! The EPS is AWESOME!!! The suspension is AWESOME!!! And of course this motor is better than AWESOME Lol. Cant stop smiling!!!.................................................. I had a 09 apex ltx before and put over 16000 kms on it, not once did it ever leave me on the trail, I regretted trading it in on the viper, but in the end it all worked out!!!......................... Seems like there is less engine break than the 09 had and it seems the exhaust is more quite? Is that just me or am I imagining things?

Seems like there is less engine break than the 09 had and it seems the exhaust is more quite? Is that just me or am I imagining things?

I am 99% sure they implemented an engine brake reduction system. I noticed that to, even though it is very present, and I hardly use my brake compared to my 2 stroke friends. I'm wondering if that is the whine one hears on deceleration all the time?

The exhaust on the other hand, is as sweet as can be. Possibly quieter, but still mean. (gives me tingles)

yes the exhaust is a little quieter than the old apexes imo, and I think 2011+ apexes have the coast valving that the 06-10 didn't.

p.s. a yamaha is still a big step above a yamacat.

Back