• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper/Nytro front shocks

YamaHank

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SR Viper RTX
So I picked up a 14 nytro XTX 1.75 at the beginning of the season. I am loving the sled more and more as I get it dialed in, but really want to install easily adjustable front shocks on the sled. I've been looking at expensive Axis and Elka options as I really want a coil-over. I did not love the fox floats on my 14 viper ltx se.

After seeing the new piggyback fox shocks with coil overs 0n the new 2016 viper rtx se and reading Chris Reid's positive feedback, I am curious to know if I could pick those up and install them on my nytro.

Does anyone know if the front shocks on these 2 sleds are the same size and interchangeable?

They are called Fox Zero QS3 (1.5). I have the same sled as you and hope these shocks will become available for the Nytro

Who is writing a letter to Fox - you or me?

Does anyone know the specs on the nytro front shock? Am I ignorant to assume that all they need to do is make it in the appropriate length? I think the viper shock spec is 1" longer.

Is there an aftermarket group that could modify the shock to work on the nytro?

I think the Viper spec is 1" longer than stock. This is a wonderful upgrade as it raises the front ride height of the Nytro which helps transfer some of the nose weight to the rear of the chassis resulting in a better balanced chassis and easier steering. Many of my friends and myself are already using longer than stock front shocks with great results. The Viper shocks will bolt on to the Nytro with no mods

This opens up a whole new discussion. 1. Won't that mess with the camber of the front skis? Are there any threads dedicated to this concept? Also, do these Fox Zero QS3's have a ride height adjustment? I want to sit-in my suspension not on it.

Lastly, are you and your friends on XTX 1.75's? Out of the box this sled is light on steering and transfers weight like crazy. I am also only 175 lbs. I was thinking of loosening the preload on my center shock to put more weight on the front to reduce pushing through corners - only reason I haven't yet is because I just installed new carbides on the tuners and haven't rode it yet to see if that fixed my problem.

Does anyone know the specs on the nytro front shock? Am I ignorant to assume that all they need to do is make it in the appropriate length? I think the viper shock spec is 1" longer.

I have emailed Fox, CA division. Waiting for a reply :)

We are all on XTX's with 18.25" Fox Evol front shox. (not completely sure but I think the Viper use's 18.5" front shox) JRE Spindle and XTX skid kit. If your an aggressive trail rider you will love these mods

I received an email from Joey Avila, Fox aftermarket sales, powersports division:

At this moment the QS3 is only available on 2016 model sleds as OEM equipment.
It's still too early and we don’t have any information yet, but stay tuned for
our aftermarket offerings for 2016

So I guess the only option is to order them straight from a dealer as an OEM part when they becomes available...The AC's have the same shocks only the springs are black from what I am seeing.

You can find them used, or visit carver shocks.com and buy a set new or used. I bought a used set of Fox Evols 18.25" in length that were originally for a sno cros ski-doo and Mike at carver set them up for my XTX, awesome shocks!

Jre spindles are best with vioer length shock. So that's choice for you guys. I have axis and they are amazing shocks

So I guess the only option is to order them straight from a dealer as an OEM part when they becomes available...The AC's have the same shocks only the springs are black from what I am seeing.
The latest from Arctic Cat parts house shows a SR Viper LTX and the part number for the Fox QS3 is 3703-476. Retails for $363.22 ea with white springs

How can we find the full specs on these shocks? I am coming up short in my attempts. I would like to know if the Polaris version is better suited for the nytro:

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/snowmobiles/shop/accessories/fox-air-ifs-shocks/pid-2881411

I trust the guys on this thread saying longer shocks are OK, but I would still like to try to keep it as close to factory spec if possible w/o upgrading my spindles. Essentially I would like to know if the Polaris version is a little shorter than the AC/Yamaha version. Other than that it just looks like the mounting of the reservoir is different. Good pricing BTW

I don't know about the longer shocks being ok. Last year I ran float Evol X's that I thought were stock length, but were actually 18" and the handling on trail was HORRIBLE with the stock front end. The Skinz a-arms made the ride much better, but I am still paying Hygear to shorten them to 17.5" right now (they were sent in for other work and the spacers were only $40 for both). IMO I would stick with the stock length shock for the best handling.

moab,

Need to use JRE spindles in order to use the longer travel front shocks. This set-up is definitely awesome, just need the correct peices

Back